“Great Lunch”
Review of Red Elephant Pizza & Grill - CLOSED

Red Elephant Pizza & Grill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 28, 2012

The food is good, and fast. I played it safe on my first visit and ordered the grilled chicken wrap. My next visit, if I don't get too involved in the appitizers, will be the angus burger. The food was very tasty, and the temptation is NOT to call it "fast food", because it is so delicious. But, the service is fast, and the food is good. I shall be back!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

First time at a Red Elephant. Sandwich shops are ubiquitous in the Kennedy / Westshore area so finding something out of the ordinary would surprise me. I was not surprised but I was satisfied with the quality of what was there. They have a wide variety of salads, rice bowls, pizza's and sandwiches. I had the west shore grinder which was basically a toasted Italian hoagie. It was very good. I would go back but don't think it was unique and different than any other sandwich shop or deli however the menu did have more options.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have been here 4 times since it has opened and got something different each time, and was not disappointed in any of them. The blackened Tilapia is great, two big pieces of tilapia and cooked perfectly. The elephant burger is as big as an elephant and had great flavor, the french dip was excellent, but could use a little less cheese for me, but that is just a personal choice. I also tried the personal pizza which was also very good, the prices are very good for south Tampa, although it is ala carte so any side item you may want is extra, if you go for a side the fries are the best I have had.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

We love the Red Elephant. The pizza/salad specials are wonderful. If you go, be sure to try the boiled peanuts. I would go there for the peanuts alone.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

My fiance and I went out of our way to go to a bistro on Sunday, only to find that they had changed their hours and were not open. We were hungry and didn't have time to waste, so we went a few doors down to the Red Elephant. Neither of us had ever been before. It was Superbowl Sunday afternoon, so it was pretty dead. Both the hostess and waitress were very pleasant and helped me decide what to order. The menu isn't huge and it's all pretty standard stuff, but the free soup samples prior to the meal definitely helped out! Me and my fiance both ordered cups with our meals. The waitress' recommendations were spot on in terms of entrees. She even brought us a complimentary elephant ear for dessert since it was our first time dining there. I would stop by the Red Elephant again.