“Great place, service okay, but bring your coupon” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #699 of 2,356 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Wesley Chapel
“Great place, service okay, but bring your coupon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

I take my kids and their friends here for special days, such as the last day of summer, getting good grades, and weekends before and/or after exams. I also meet up with my friends here, so I am a regular.

I really enjoy the salad bar. On a few occasions, the bar wasn't stocked and another couple of times, the spinach was not fresh but slimy and old. However, if it weren't for the garden salad bar, I would not frequent this place nearly as much. It is REALLY good. We also like to get the broccoli cheese soup. However, with the size of the spoon and the lack of size of the bowl, you will either have a difficult time getting the spoon in your mouth or you will finish the soup in 3-4 bites.

The managers try to get the servers to sell the shrimp fondue every time we come. Two persons I frequent with are allergic, so this gets old after time, but the servers must ask or they will get in trouble, even when they recognize us. Two other items I dislike are the crab cakes and the New Orleans Seafood entrees. They are bland, even for a chain restaurant.

The major complaint: Since Ruby Tuesday began doing the 50% off coupons, the prices have gone up and quality is down in some areas. Instead of going once a week to Ruby Tuesday, we're going whenever we happen to see the coupon in the local newspaper.

Aside from the awesome salad bar, the classic ribs are a favorite for us, the family and our friends. The classic burger is also, but mostly, we enjoy the sirloin with mashed potatoes or rice, depending on who orders a lobster tail. The beer is ice cold and so are the mixed drinks. Overall, I highly recommend this location.

• Visited April 2013

Tampa, Florida
“Great little spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

For a quick lunch or dinner this is a great place to go. I hadn't been to one for years and was pleasantly surprised when my husband and I stopped here for lunch one day. The quality of the food has much improved over the years and we were very impressed with the freshness of their salad bar. This is our go to place if we don't feel like cooking. We usually sit at the bar and the servers are awesome. Very personable and very attentive.

Visited January 2013
Trinidad
“A good time and okay food to be had”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

There's not much to say about Ruby Tuesday; as a chain restaurant, they try their best to maintain uniformity among the restaurants and they definitely succeeded here. The food was good. Our server was friendly but a bit hurried and I could tell that she was reminding herself to smile at us. We had a good time & will go back again!

• Visited February 2013
Trondheim
“A step up in quality but not in price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Ruby Tuesday was an average chain that offered good but not great fare last I tried them. Now the quality is up and the noise down. You get ultra fresh salads and the top sirloin was perfectly prepared. Great wine choices were available. With the friendly and efficient staff you can get very food at a very good price. I'll be back soon.

Columbus, Ohio
“always a good meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

we come here often, love the salad bar and the fresh rolls, the Asian dumplings are awesome and so are the spring rolls. they also have great hamburgers, service is always great