“Fabulous cocktails and great service”
Review of Manhattan Bistro - CLOSED

Manhattan Bistro
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Came to the Dolce Bar & Bistro to listen to some live music and had a very enjoyable evening. The drink menu cocktails include a great variety of fresh tasting fusion cocktails that make you want to order more. My favorite was the Peachy Keen. The staff were very nice, the couple who are the owner's made us feel welcome.The band that was playing was just the right volume so you can talk and they played a great mix of music. A nice mix for the Clientele that evening, mature and classy people which was very comfy. For an appetizer we had the nachos which were very nice and not your typical "nacho platter" I will definitely be going back.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stopped by the Manhattan Bistro wanting to check out a new place for the first time and to pick up dinner on the way home. The restaurant was only about a quarter full. I placed an order for two entrees and proceeded to wait. While I waited there was chaos and gossip in between the staff. I asked how long mine should take and was told 20 mins. I saw other orders come out of the kitchen for the sit in guests and I continued to wait while I saw vendors come to meet with the manager/owner and then go due to him not showing for the meeting. I asked again after half an hour of waiting and was told it would be any minute. After 45 minutes I asked if I could just have a refund instead of just receiving my money back the bar maid went and retrieved my orders and I was finally free to go. I ordered an entree that I had for dinner that night and then another entree I saved for lunch the next day. After heating up my food at lunch I started to cut into the stuffed chicken and noticed it was difficult to cut and after unfolding the chicken it exposed the stuffing and underneath I opened it to see all raw meat. My coworkers noticed and immediately pointed out as I sat upset about the experience with the restaurant overall and trying to think what to do about getting lunch and being on time to my next work meeting. I called that night and asked to speak with a manager. Becky answered and after informing I waited over 45 minutes for a take out order only to be given raw meat and that I wanted a refund she said it's going to take forever for her to look over the paperwork and she wasn't sure how to do a refund. None the less she asked for info and said she'd call after it was performed, I told her my card was swiped in the 6 o'clock hour and she hung up. I called back the next day and spoke to Becky again and was told I could come get a gift card I told her I never want to go back to that establishment and she said fine it should be completed within 2 hours. Still no apology or refund :(

2  Thank _Jazzy_85_34678
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were there recently for a fundraising event. It was very loud inside, so we relocated to the patio, which was much better. The drinks & appetizers were good, but nothing blew me away here. Would go back if in the area & can sit in the patio area.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I agree with other viewers when I say that this restaurant seems to be off to a good start. The food wasn't the best, but there were some very creative menu items that we didn't get the chance to try. I recommend the happy hour, where you can try a few items and drinks for 4-5 dollars each.

With the awesome and trendy-looking new bar, this place reminded us of a bit of Miami. On the night we visited, the staff had opened a bunch of doors and windows which gave the restaurant a great, open feel. Some weird 80's music was playing as a live band was setting up to perform, but that might be the only negative thing to say about this place.

The highlight at Dolce was the service. We had an absolutely excellent waitress when we went for happy hour, and I wish I could remember her name. She described all the dishes we were interested in, the wines, and frequented our table right when we needed her. We gave her a 30% tip. This place is not perfect yet, but it has a lot of potential, and the service really sealed the deal - this place wants you here. I would recommend a visit.

1  Thank EMerr
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Went with a friend to happy hour here on a Friday after work. Decent crowd/atmosphere but the location is not the best and away from the normal young-professionals crowd. Probably good for its' neighborhood to have something close by though. I had a Fizzy Pear to drink, which was very good but a little overpriced. We ordered a Fruit & Cheese tray, which was very overpriced for what we were given. It was nicely displayed, but consisted of no more than 2 handfuls of various berries, 5-6 pieces of small toast, and various kraft-type cheeses cut into small cubes. They really need to provide better cheeses on it (i.e. goat cheese, gouda, etc) or reduce the price. Service was pretty good...our waiter was very nice. Was a decent experience, but I would not pick it over several other South Tampa spots as there was really nothing special about the place in my opinion.

2  Thank AMSAAB