“Best choice for north Channelside”
Review of Ragin' Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ragin' Grill
Cuisines: American
Lithia, Florida
“Best choice for north Channelside”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Food is decent. A little pricey for bar food. Get the roast beef sandwich and fries. Parking is a little difficult. Use the garage.

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Not what I hoped For in St. Petersburg”
Reviewed January 11, 2012

I will be calling the manager after the lunch hour. Ordered 4 different orders for lunch. No silverware, no napkins and worst yet, one order was for beef ribs aparently forgot to ask for meat on them, and no moist towlette! This restaurant was recommended from a co-worker because of a great salad. The beef ribs had no meat on them, and were burnt. Sandwich and Burger were good, not outstanding. Salad seems to be the best thing on their menu.. guess might have to try the pork ribs to see what everyone else is raving about.. Will give them a 2nd try and update this! Ciao

• Visited January 2012
Clearwater, Florida
“Quality and reasonable price”
Reviewed January 4, 2012

From the small things -- like the quality takeout containers -- to the crucial --the food quality -- Ragin Grill met our standards. We work downtown and there aren't a lot of delivery options. We decided to try RG just to see what they offered. I was a little skeptical.
We ordered a couple of different items -- chicken and the Rib Its sandwiches (four rolls and a side for about $7). We ordered a couple of sides, a cob of corn and the applesauce. Unbelievably great taste. The applesauce is cinnamony goodness. The corn hadn't been sitting in water because it was crisp and flavorful.
A few weeks later we decided to pick up an order on the way to work. The food was a little slow coming but definitely worth the wait. This time I ordered the chicken/rib combo. The ribs were tender and flaking off the bone. The citrus marinade on the chicken was delicious, I wish I had had more. Not that the chicken was dry, oh no. It was just darn tasty. Add to that two sides (I had to get the corn again, but this time I tried the greens, again prepared for a dissapointment -- and again I had no cause for worry. Absolutely what you would find in a great soul food restaurant.)
We will definitely continue to order from RG, and I hope others will overlook the setting -- it's very clean inside, maybe a bit stark, but in a somewhat odd location -- and try this restaurant. I know when I was looking for reviews I couldn't find any, so here's one that gives the place two thumbs up and four stars.

• Visited January 2012
Tampa, FL
“New Lunch Option on Kennedy”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

A little hard to spot at first, west of downtown on Kennedy. Looks like you might be walking into a dentist's office or similar, but it is the corporate office of the franchising company.

They serve ribs, chicken, and burgers. Everything grilled, nothing fried. Sides like corn, greens, beans, etc available. Lunch specials come with a bag of chips.

Beer and wine coming soon, seating for about 30 people in booths and a couple tables. Order at the counter and then they let you know when it's ready, nothing sitting around waiting to be ordered. Service is fast and friendly, place is clean and new. A couple of TVs in the dining room showing news or sports.

They deliver and cater, been there a couple months, said to be opening a sports-bar/eatery as well in the Channel District soon.

Visited December 2011