“Good food and a casual atmosphere”

Dale 1891 Gastro Pub
Ranked #1,545 of 2,490 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: This is a new establishment, but they said they had been reviewed, just dont know if it was thru trip advisor or not--asian fusion american fare.
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was a surprise for me. Knowing they have live entertainment - we went to see our friends the Terry T Trio who play there every Friday night - we were expecting the typical pub fare. Wrong!

The food was very different than expected and in a good way. I had the grilled meatloaf with mashed a gravy. The veggies were a bit over steamed and mushy, but everything else stood out and was delicious.

If you are in North Tampa on Dale Mabry, stop here and check it out. The food is worth it. If you are there on a Friday night, you will be able to enjoy the great sounds of the Terry T Trio, who is also worth stopping in to see. Tell Terry I said hi.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I was not aware of this restaurant until I saw the Groupon special. This restaurant is tucked away and I have driven by this location a hundred times and never knew it was there.
I am very pleased that my Husband and I went and had some drinks and dinner.
The service was warm and very attentive to our needs. They made us feel appreciated for being their customers, instead of just another number. The food was prepared deliciously with plenty to share. We will return again in hopes to hear some live music or just watch another Rays game.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

My girlfriend and I went for lunch yesterday. We got the groupon and so happy we did. It's a kind of sports/biker pub. However it's great for the whole family. I got one of the best caesar salads ever. (with shrimp) It was fresh, without that gloppy white dressing you usually get. Some delicious house made dressing..which I wish they sold in a bottle! Stephanie took care of us..I guess she and her family own it, and also a bistro cinema next door which is soon to open, can't
wait to go there. Overall, pretty great. They have a bike nite every week too, our next girls nite will be here. Already planned!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We as others had a Groupon. I ordered the Cuban sandwich and a side salad, the salad was very large and the dressing they used was delicious. The sandwich was large and equally wonderful. My husband got the lettuce wraps and said they were great. The portions are large and we had no problems with the service they were quick and very friendly. If we lived locally we would definately return to this place.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Like many others who have written reviews, I came here because of a Groupon. Here are the pros and cons.

Pros:
1) Food is decent. We ordered the cheesesteak, chicken & swiss. Sweet potato fries were good. I'd rate it a 6/10.
2) Atmosphere was nice. Live band was a bit loud. Multiple TVs with sports.
3) Service was friendly

Cons:
1) The food took a while to get to us. While not as bad as others, it probably took 30 minutes and it wasn't that busy.
2) If you compare this place to somewhere like World of Beer the number of beer choices is limited. There were some good craft beers on tap though.

Neutral:
1) Prices were average. Entrees are around $10-15.

So I would come back with another Groupon. But otherwise I would probably go somewhere else instead.