“Good but not great”

Dale 1891 Gastro Pub
Ranked #1,527 of 2,450 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: This is a new establishment, but they said they had been reviewed, just dont know if it was thru trip advisor or not--asian fusion american fare.
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I went to this new restaurant/bar for date night with my husband. We were seated quickly and courteously. The bar had quite a few people but only ourselves and an older couple were in the dining area. The nachos were very good, the drinks were strong, and the Bailey's cheesecake was delicious. The fish and chips and the Korean beef were good but not special. The main problem was the music. I liked what was playing but it was so loud that it literally drove us out of the dining area. While I understand that music keeps the atmosphere up, that loud in the dining area is beyond annoying. The older couple left before us and didn't linger either. We still had an hour before our movie started, and would like to have had another drink, but we really just wanted to get away from the noise. I am a local and will try once more.

Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Went to this place for lunch today and the major downfall was the service. It took 10 minutes to get drinks(there was 1 other table). Took an extremely long time to get food and didn't get one dish until we were close to finishing our meal. We were never checked on or reviewed refills on our drinks. Honestly the only thing that saved me from rating this place as poor was that the food was decent.

Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

I really enjoyed the visit. Great tvs and very helpful and attentive team members. The food was ok. I wasn't really impressed with the wings or pad Thai. The drinks were solid & sOme of the other dishes me and my friends had were good. I'm going back! It's a good place to go.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I went here early Saturday night and the place was nice. Clean with several TV's, nothing fancy but that is fine. Our waitress was very friendly, knowledgeable, and checking back regularly. The beer selection was good and the bar tender made a nice strong margherita. Most of the food was very good. I had the fish and chips which was a large piece of fish, battered and cooked very nicely. My girlfriend had the pulled pork sandwich which had great flavor and was very big. We did get a side order of the Mac & Cheese and that is the only thing that I was disappointed in. It was not cheesy nor did it have much flavor. I would recommend this place and plan to go back myself.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Great food and the service is outstanding. Special events scheduled several evenings a week. Definitely plan to return. Tiki bar is a nice touch as you really get the tropical feel.

Been to Dale 1891 Gastro Pub? Share your experiences!