“$5 Happy Hour! Super worth it.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Carmel Cafe and Wine Bar
Ranked #192 of 2,356 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American, International, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oundle, United Kingdom
“$5 Happy Hour! Super worth it.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

$5 Happy Hour! Super worth it. After that it can get a bit pricey...But the food is delish and the drinks are even better (but I'm partial to drinks). You have to valet (which I do not care for...just let me keep my $5 and I'm happy to park my down darn car thank you very much). Back to the food...which you order form an ipad at your table...or you can be old school like I am and order from the menu...our waiter was cute...so we just ordered from him. All in all a fun place with amazing drinks and scrimptions dishes...I felt like I was on a cooking show when they brought them out.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank ChampagneChels

St. Petersburg, Florida
“OMG!! What a secret!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I just had one of the best meals of all times! It was absolutely fabulous. We started out with the spinach and artichoke dip and the roasted red pepper muhammarra for appetizers. The muhammarra was fresh and very tasteful. Made my mouth do a jig. For the secound course we had the black olive Caesar salad. It was a nice spin to this classic dish. The black olives did for this salad what anchovies would do without the over saltiness. Our main course was the Basil grilled salmon with vegetable couscous absolutely fabulous. The chef that prepared this wonderful taste bud party to my mouth piece of salmon should write a book and teach a class. We ended the meal with dessert. The pound cake was just like my momma's with a wonderful twist. The perks, they filter their own water and the menus are on a iPad. The pictures alone will make you hunger. We will be back.

3 Thank Citydiva1
Tampa, Florida
“Innovating Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

We enjoyed using the tablets to order food and the service was good. The food was also pretty good. Worth checking out!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Michael S
“My parents 29th wedding anniversary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

So we go for lunch the other day, I love this place but it was my moms first time. She loved the whole I pad concept. The server was great, I can't quite remember her name. Then I asked the bartender if she could ask the kitchen to write happy 29th on a desert or something. So we order our food which came out looking just like the pictures as usual. Everything was great my mom loved it had a great first time. And i even messed up the order and server had no problem fixing it for us. Then it came to dessert time the server asked us which dessert they would like and came out with the dessert and it said happy 29th. My parents had no idea, and my dad kept asking how they knew lol. It was a great surprise, and they were so nice to do so. They even took the dessert off the check which they didn't have to. The service and good and just everything all around is always perfect when I go there. Keep it up carmal cafe.

2 Thank Babygirlll2010
Tampa, Florida
“This place is great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

A large group of us went for dinner during a work retreat. Even though we had such a big group the service was on point! Friendly staff, very knowledgeable and attentive. Ordering on the iPads was fun and the food was ready fast! Cooked right and very good quality. Wednesdays are half price wine days as well. Definitely check this place out, we'll be back.

2 Thank Patrick M