“2nd time on the tour was just as fun as the 1st time”

The OFFICIAL Ybor City Ghost Tour
Ranked #17 of 82 Tours in Tampa
More attraction details
Owner description: As the sun sets, the restless souls of Ybor City's past begin to stir. Join us on a two hour tour to learn their stories as you walk the streets of this historic town with your guide.Tours begin at 6:30 p.m.Monday through Wednesday and 8 p.m. on every other night. Reservations are required. $25. per adult.
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was my 2nd time taking the tour and it was just as much fun as the 1st time. The tour guide (Greg) was extremely knowledgeable about the historic area. Don't expect any hokey theatrics...this is the real deal. They don't try to convince you that ghosts exist. They just want you to experience things for yourself. This tour will be something that I'll bring all my visitors to see.

All reviews
in 47 reviews
in 7 reviews
in 5 reviews

Reviewed January 24, 2013

From a skeptical individual, this tour was not only informative, but gave me a
Feeling of something of something I didn't know I could feel,. A++

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Having been on a few great ghost tours around the country, my expectations were high for the Ybor City Ghost tour. This tour exceeded my expectations by a mile. Unlike other tours that are led by actors with little real emotional connection to the stories they tell, this tour led my Joe Howden, a long time Ybor resident, activist and true historian. Howden is more than a guide; he is a true believer in ghost and has witnessed many paranormal events in his lifetime, especially in the Ybor neighborhood in which he resides. On this tour you will spend time in two, well documented haunted places – the Circulo Cubano de Tampa (aka “The Cuban Club”) and The Don Vicente De Ybor Historic Inn. In additional to learning about the disturbing yet fascinating tales associated with these two places, you will get to explore these haunts with provided EMF detectors and be given plenty enough time to take pictures as well. You will stop at other locations as well, where Howden will titillate you with tales of many of Ybor’s most famous past residents. This tour will please both historians and ghost hunters alike.

1  Thank Ryan S
Reviewed October 15, 2012

With our son turning 13 on October 13, a ghost tour seemed like the perfect plan. It was, thanks to our tour guide Greg! We had 10 boys, ages 12-13, and 4 adults. We all listened to Greg's fascinating stories with rapt attention for over 2 hours, which flew by. He did a phenomenal job of building the experience layer upon layer, each story getting better than the last, until we entered the Cuban Club theater and no one knew what to expect. We have gotten such positive feedback from the boys and their parents, I would highly recommend this tour (and Greg) for your next party. We also really appreciated how Greg walked the fine line of not babying or sugarcoating the stories for the kids, while still keeping it all entirely age appropriate. I'm a 3rd generation Tampa resident, and I've never seen Ybor like this before!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Joe was quite the story teller and historian. He did a wonderful job of taking us back in time to meet some of the interesting characters that created Ybor city. He took us into two buildings to explore for the presence of ghosts. It added an extra dimension to the typical walking ghost tours. I'll never view Ybor city the same way again. Wear comfortable shoes because you'll be standing as much as walking. You'll definitely get your money's worth with Joe.