“Don't stay here”

Ranked #128 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Forest, Canada
“Don't stay here”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This is the WORST property we have ever stayed in , the smell was so bad in the first floor room we were moved at 11:00 pm to a second floor unit (only slightly better) . I was truly concerned for our health ! Overall this property should be closed down !

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Peggy M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Morristown Nc
Reviewed February 21, 2014

The room was not very clean and the breakfast was not nearly as good as other super 8 motels that we have stayed in. The person that was working was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed February 20, 2014

As a regular visitor to this motel, I can strongly recommend it. You'll be greeted by a very friendly staff ( especially Jackie) who will make your stay a good one. And, while this facility is a limited service type of lodging, maximum effort is extended by its employees. Next time you're in the Tampa area and need a place to stay, stop in the Super 8

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Leesburg, Florida
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I stayed for just one night. I didnt need much, just a room to sleep. Called the hotel to get a better rate and it was offered. Room was clean and the night was quiet. Well lit. It was right off the highway so if you are a light sleeper ask for a room away from that side. Not too many places to walk to but lots of delivery options.

Room Tip: Ask for a room downstairs and away from the highway. You can park right infront of your room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Mecosta, Michigan
Reviewed January 17, 2014

The room was dirty and the put out so little sweet rolls and breakfast bars that you couldn't get full anytime we went their was only four of each. There was 4 in our room alone. WOULD NOT GO AGAIN. Of all the rooms i hve been in this is the worst for cleanliness,

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Molly H
Indiana
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We were at this motel for 8 days, this was booked and paid for by my sister through Travelosity months prior. First of all they did not have what was requested specifically a lower level since we had two heart patients who have a major problem with stairs. When they did take us to what would be comparable I could not believe it. Filthy, as soon as you open the door you could see the dust on the refrigerator and the dresser with the TV on it, the edge of the carpets had a major amount of dust, and some kind of yellow stuff. The outlets were hanging out of the wall in the bath area. One morning we had no hot water in the sink and only hot water in the bathroom. The bathroom door as well as the front door did not fit correctly and were very hard to open and close. One outlet in the main room worked for one day and then the next the top part of the outlet quit working and so no light on that side of the room. This room had a refrigerator, stove/oven unit that was pulled off the wall, the refrigerator did not work and was busted up inside. We did have another refrigerator and a microwave in the room. Breakfast consisted of coffee, a breakfast cereal bar, and a small cinnamon roll. When one of the ladies went down one morning to get some for all four of us she was told that we each needed to come and get our own. After the first nights stay we had housekeeping come in hoping something would get cleaned up, when we arrive back that afternoon you could tell the carpet had been vacuumed on the main area but none of the edges had been touched, the dust was still on the refrigerator and dresser was still there. The king bed in the other room had been made but the double bed in the room as you entered had not been touched. I travel quite often and I have never in my life been in such a nasty pit. We went and got cleaning stuff ourselves, asked the maintenance man who was a sweetheart for a broom and swept the dust from the edges moved the refrigerator and the table and cleaned it, you could tell that the refrigerator had not been moved in god knows how long and it was just a small refrigerator. The management and the housekeeping should be fired. Had I known I could add a picture I would have taken one, I suggested it to my sister but we did not realize that we could post it. I will know from now on. I trust trip adviser and now my sister knows about it as well. There was no way we could pay for another motel after paying for this months in advance. I will never use a third party booking agent for this specific reason. We were there for a Winter Camp meeting at River International Ministries. This experience has really soured my stomach for Motel 8.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business