“Not bad for the price.”

Super 8 Tampa U.S.F. Near Busch Gardens Downtown
Ranked #129 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed November 15, 2012

For the price I have to say this is not a bad place to stay. When my fiance and I got to the hotel to check in, right away we were greeted by a smiling young woman.She got us all checked-in and had us on our way all with in 3 to 5 minutes. Once we got in the room it was a decent looking room on the first floor. We were happy to find that it was clean and not a bug in sight. If your looking for a room on a budget this is your place.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Good economical hotel. Breakfast was very limited but I was told by the desk person that they will be rolling out a new breakfast very soon so hopefully it'll be here next month when i come back. Rooms were clean. Pool area was decent. its easy to get on and off the highway which was great for me as i was there for work and went to downtown everyday. Looks like they were painting rooms in the opposite building while i was there not sure if they need all of them. I plan to stay here again. The rates are fantastic and (compared to the hotels next doors this place is sky high)

Room Tip: I called the hotel directly and told them what rate I found online and they were able to match it, a...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2012

After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, I was very hesitant on staying at this location with my family, but that changed pretty quickly. Upon arrival, the front desk was very prompt in getting us checked-in. We got in around 3, and didn't have to wait for our room. Once we got there (on the second floor) I was shocked to find a CLEAN and HABITABLE room. I was expecting something from a low budget horror flick based on what others shared here. There were no signs of bed bugs, or any bugs for that matter, anywhere in our room. Trust me, I was on a mission to find something creepy crawling around, no such luck! We did let housekeeping clean our room during our stay, which could be why we didn't find our room to be remotely gross during our visit. Housekeeping was very polite and efficient in getting our room cleaned pretty quickly. There's a pool, so the kids were happy. We didn't have a need to use the microwave in our room, but it did look like it was in working condition. We've seen some pretty disgusting motels, and this motel is definitely the place to go if you're trying to enjoy Tampa without hurting your wallet. Conveniently located just minutes from at least 3 malls, loads of restaurants, the football stadium, and lots more to keep everyone entertained. This Super 8 has the best value in the area, and we'll be staying here next time we visit Tampa.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I work for Ramada Resort and recently went on vacation to a Wyndham group hotel... This was the worst place I have ever stayed in my life!!!!! I got in around 5am Saturday morning and went straight to sleep without paying too much attention to anything, which was a mistake. When I woke up later on that day I went to take a shower I found Mold all over the shower, my boyfriend called the front desk and was told that they would bring us a new one twenty minutes goes by and they still don't bring us one so he goes down to the front desk and the kid says that he will bring us one from another room. He finally gets there about an hour after we called and hands us a old shower curtain and tells us to bring the old one to him later. I threw it outside. We did not have a table but we had chairs and no microwave even though we were told that we would have one. There looked like there was mold on the ceiling and we didn't allow housekeeping in the room the entire stay. The only polite and helpful person I came across on staff was the older man working the night shift he was very polite.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Taylar S
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We attempted to check in at 3pm and room service hadn't cleaned any rooms. Waited around for an hour just to receive a single bed handicapped room when I clearly requested a double bed room. Instead of the clerk offering to fix problem he lazily offered me a refund. Management finally stepped in and gave me the appropriate room it smelled like old smoke. There were cigarette holes in the dirty blankets. Half the lights in the room didn't work. The springs in the beds were worn out and sunk in. What topped it off was the leaky air conditioning that had the whole floor soaked. Couldn't believed that this was the room that management personally walked to and approved for us. We got our refund and checked in at the Baymont Inn the most beautiful hotel and a definite upgrade. Please please don't ever waste your time at the definitely NOT super...8.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank thenderson19
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Mold everywhere, non smoking room it's worst than a smoking room and worst of all we found bedbugs

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Joyfaria
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I can't believe the condition of the room I stayed in. Totally filthy and falling apart. The management acted SHOCKED when I told them the next morning (but of course didn't offer a refund). Come on, they have to know what kind of shape these rooms are in. There was actually a hole in the bathroom door from someone punching it, and the heater was disgusting, looked broken, full of filth and bugs and what looked like mice droppings. The entire room was a disaster! Holes in the bedspread from cigarette burns, old towels, dirty bathroom, dusty furniture. Very loud location with two highways going by right outside. At least the wifi worked.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo