“Unbelievable filth and disrepair!”

Super 8 Tampa U.S.F. Near Busch Gardens Downtown
Ranked #128 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I can't believe the condition of the room I stayed in. Totally filthy and falling apart. The management acted SHOCKED when I told them the next morning (but of course didn't offer a refund). Come on, they have to know what kind of shape these rooms are in. There was actually a hole in the bathroom door from someone punching it, and the heater was disgusting, looked broken, full of filth and bugs and what looked like mice droppings. The entire room was a disaster! Holes in the bedspread from cigarette burns, old towels, dirty bathroom, dusty furniture. Very loud location with two highways going by right outside. At least the wifi worked.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank flyermontana
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Tampa U.S.F. Near Busch Gardens Downtown

Reviewed December 1, 2011

I travel constantly and stay in several different cities each week, so I have years of experience with different brands of hotels and motels. To be blunt, this is the second dirtiest place I have ever stayed. The floors were filthy - socks and feet were black after walking around - even the tile around the sink was dirty. Copious amounts of lint and other small pieces of detritus all over the floor, especially along the walls. We needed to use the outlet behind one of the nightstands and found an empty condom wrapper lying on the floor. Paint is bubbling and peeling on the walls. Bathroom had mites and tiny ants running around; mildew on the caulking in the bathtub; plus a large quantity of highly visible black dust bunnies along the ceiling and wall near the fan (which didn't work). Comforter was yellow on the underside; sheets were threadbare; and one or both had an noticeable odor - almost like "old" smoke. Pillows were really flat - about as fluffy as a sheet of paper. I took plenty of photos so I have proof of these nasty conditions. The motel is located right next to a super-busy highway so road noise is extremely loud. To top it off, when we requested a few extra minutes to check out, we were told we would be charged for an extra day if we stayed in the room one minute past 11:30.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank mrshowcase
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Even thou we put the sign for the room to be clean it was change for sleeping mode two days in a row. :(

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Anect
Reviewed July 31, 2011

This hotel is a good value. Clean and practical. We'll stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2011

We had bed bugs in our room. The room was not very clean at all. When we reported the Bed Bugs, the clerk was very nice and the owner did eventually refund us our money.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Ktrammell1
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I came into Tampa for a business seminar and decided to bring my family along for a mini vacation. I looked online for a hotel in the area with affordable and decent rooms, concluding with the super 8. My expectations weren't high, but were greatly exceeded as we checked in. The rooms seem to be upgraded compared to the hotels website pictures. The staff was very friendly and assisted us with planning our trip for the weekend. I guess i didn't share the same faith as others who had bad experiences, but I was very happy with my stay.

Room Tip: Ask the staff for a good room
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank MoultonBl
Reviewed September 30, 2010

We stayed at the Super 8 in Tampa recently while in town to visit Busch Gardens. The hotel was clean and the staff was very helpful with directions and dining suggestions. The rate was low which was helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a budget hotel near the Busch Gardens area

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple