“Took very good care of us”

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa East/Brandon
Ranked #16 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Tarpon Springs, United States
“Took very good care of us”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We were there for a wedding and had a large block of rooms. The staff was great. They shuttled us back and forth from wedding; even rented extra vehicles because there were so many of us. They kept the bar open late so we could all party late and spend time together.

1 Thank Keith N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Ft. Lauderdale, United States
Reviewed March 13, 2014

My hat goes off to Ms. Cayla Conley, she single handedly saved the day. My experience upon arrival was not one of the best. Clerk seemed overwhelmed because of another guest. Ms. Conley stepped in and handled the situation with knowledge and control. The next day I spoke with her and she assured me that she would make every effort to see that my experience was a positive one. She exceeded my expectations and made a bad situation very good....thanks to Ms. Conley my family and I were very satisfied and would return to this hotel.

2 Thank Craven M
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa East/Brandon, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Craven M,
Thank you so much for your review and recommendation! We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know you enjoyed your stay and the level of service we provide. Thank you especially for recognizing Cayla, it made her day! We look forward to seeing you next time you’re in the area!

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed March 10, 2014

In town at the HGI Tampa East Brandon. The hotel was busy with group events and what seemed ot be a pretty rocking wedding group. Still the hotel common areas were serene and inviting, the food at the restaurant tasty, and the drinks never watered down. The room was clean. A great stay at the hotel and I'll definitely be back. Special thanks go to Tarah at the front desk who was amazing, Stephanie who was also great, and the manager Kayla for her helpfulness.

Room Tip: No complaints. I was fairly close to meeting rooms but had no noise issues.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Jeff J
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa East/Brandon, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Jeff J,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback and are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to share your kind comments about the staff during our next team meeting. Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Winter Haven, United States
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Hotel was very accommodating to all guests. Would be nice to have shuttle to airport. Food was very good. Nice clean hotel. Great value.Breakfast has made to order eggs, pancakes and french toast. Staff seemed to have a great attitude.

1 Thank David D
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa East/Brandon, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
David D,
Thank you for your review and recommendation! We are so glad you enjoyed staying with us; we greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your business needs and we look forward to being of service the next time you are in the area!
Georgia
Reviewed March 2, 2014

My husband and I booked here primarily for two reasons, one being close to Hard rock casino, and especially because they described that they had a shuttle that would take you to within a five mile radius. We had previously stayed at a nearby Fairfield Inn which was perfect but thought since we are Hilton gold members and Hilton grand vacation property owners that we would be loyal to our chain this time. Our usual plan was to go to the casino and be able to have a few drinks without worry of DUI or hassle of parking by utilizing hotel shuttle. Wow! I couldn't believe at check in that on a friday night their shuttle service ends at 9:00 PM, yes I said 9:00PM! What good is that? So this property will definitely be off our list only for this reason but if you don't depend on their shuttle, everything else about the place was great. We did opt for the breakfast instead of additional hilton honors points and it was not good. At least if their staff had been better equipped to handle the crowd and been more organized if probably would have been good. I was only able to snag a few pieces of fruit and a yogurt. I was really looking forward to some eggs, etc, but like the shuttle, not meant to be.
I guess the one pet peeve that really irked us? I accidently left my ipad charger behind and called as soon as I realized it. Fortunately they did have it and asked me if I wanted them to just use "my credit card on file" for them to mail it back to me. I left another item behind sometime back at another chain that I DON'T own vacation property in NYC with nor am I even a gold member with their chain, yet they were kind enough to drop it in the mail at no charge. Obviously this does not mean very much to this particular hilton property.
So the bottom line is, stay here, but plan on driving yourself, don't forget anything in the room and either get down for breakfast first thing in morning or skip it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ttmb
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa East/Brandon, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Ttmb,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I regret you were inconvenienced with the shuttle times. We welcome any opportunity to improve and use all feedback from our valued guests to perfect our guests’ experiences. I would also like to apologize for the issues you experienced during breakfast. I thank you for bringing this to my attention and I will be talking with my team regarding your concerns and comments . Again, thank you for your feedback and we do hope this experience does not deter you from staying with us in the future.

Eliz city, United States
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Convenient with central location. Tarah was great at front desk. Great outside terrace to relax under the trees. Hotel situated in safe natural preserve. Restaurant staff was helpful. Take advantage of the free transportation to the Casino!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa East/Brandon, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Christopher G,
Thank you so much for your review and recommendation! We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know you enjoyed your stay and the level of service we provide. Thanks especially for recognizing Tarah, it made her day! We look forward to seeing you next time you’re in the area!

Orinda, California
Reviewed February 25, 2014

The hotel offers plenty of free parking in its lots. However, because it's in a business park, there is nothing within walking distance. Expect to need your car to go anywhere because the hotel has limited food service and only a tiny shop on site. As a Hilton Honors Diamond member, we received complimentary breakfasts, including cooked to order food, and upgraded rooms, both of which were appreciated. Beds are comfortable, but the room décor is looking a bit tired and in need of updating. There is a small exercise room and a nice outdoor pool. A nice touch is complimentary coffee in the lobby all day. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevators will be quieter.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
DanielBeryl,
Thank you for your review and your loyalty to Hilton. We greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments. We will be going through a refresh beginning in June 2014, which will include all of our guestrooms, restaurant and meeting/event facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back to see our new look.

Dannialle Neville, General Manger