“Everything I Needed For My Week”

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa East/Brandon
Ranked #23 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Columbus, Ohio, United States
“Everything I Needed For My Week”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This hotel stay was great! I had everything I needed - free internet access, HD cable access, swimming pool, workout room, restaurant and a fantastic staff! The first clue was when I checked my reservation and Danielle (Manager) discovered that it had been cancelled by my booking agent. Danielle pleasantly smiled and found a room for me within seconds, with no fuss/muss. Next, I needed a charging cable for my phone and the lovely Lisa Marie voluntarily provided her spare - and allowed me to keep it for the entire week! My buddy from Zanesville (didn't catch her name) was also extremely pleasant and fun to chat with. These were genuinely nice people, who seemed to really care about folks. The usual amenities were provided but it's the extra, "people" stuff that made my stay extra enjoyable.

1 Thank Sbarker2707
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa East/Brandon, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Sbarker2707,
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and the many amenities our hotel offers. Thank you for recognizing our amazing staff; they take great pride in providing high level service and I will be sure to share these comments with them. I hope to see you again in the future!
Dannialle Neville, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 22, 2013

we stayed at the Hilton garden inn for an evening of entertainment at the casino. the casino was booked due to a concert and this was our second choice. it was a good experience, nice people, very clean, consistent with other Hilton garden inns that I have stayed at.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa East/Brandon, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I hope your trip to the casino was enjoyable and successful! Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel and the Hilton brand. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with our staff during our next team meeting.
Jacksonville, United States
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My bf and I recently stayed here for the Depeche Mode concert at the amphitheater. It is located in a nice quiet area.(Office Park) We didn't have any trouble locating with GPS. All the other hotels by the venue were sold out but I am glad we stayed here bc it nice change of pace. No rowdy, drunk people to put up with and the free shuttle to the venue is a plus. Since it stops running at 9pm we took a cab home which wasn't bad at all. It only cost us 10.00+ plus tip. If taking a cab after a show you can find them at the entrance of the venue facing 301, there are tons of them waiting for fares. The room itself was pleasant. Slightly outdated but clean. It wasn't cramp, even had a nice little sitting area. The bed was comfy. The room has a nice sized mini-fridge which we out our drinks & fruit and a microwave. The hot water heats up very fast and get really hot so make sure to test it before you step in. The only quip about the bathroom is they don't leave full rolls of tp, so there were two rolls with about enough left for a day and no extra roll. That could have been awkward if we had stayed longer. This may sound weird but the tp holder is a little far from the toilet. I think a redesign is in order. We didn't have much interaction with the staff but they seemed nice. The breakfast buffet seemed popular but there was only one cook when we got down there at 930am and the line was building. We opted to drive to IKEA which happened to be only 15 min away, they serve a inexpensive but tasty breakfast, plus we could shop afterwards. Oh,I need to mention we got in from the concert after 1100, I ordered some food from a nearby Italian place, they stick flyers under your door, and it took almost 2 hours to be delivered. So I would grab a snack from downstairs or bring snacks, unless you don't mind the crazy wait. All in all it was a nice stay and we are Hilton Honors and enjoy staying at Hiltons, this was no exception. We plan staying here for any future shows in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Jovit Claire J
Jovit Claire J,
I really appreciate you taking the time to write a detailed review. It is through your feedback that we are able to improve our hotel and the top level service we strive to achieve. I hope you enjoyed the concert and I am happy to hear you will choose our hotel in the future. I will be working with my management team in reviewing your comments about both the room and your breakfast experience. Thank you again for your review!
Moline, Illinois
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I frequently visit this hotel and every time I come the breakfast staff if great. They remember your drink order, have a great breakfast selection and the cooks are friendly too. The cookies at the desk are always good and if you are a member of Hilton rewards an have built up enough points you get some time incentives. The rooms are very clean, the cleaning staff is quick and even though there may be some power outages the hotel is very accomodating. Big thank yous to Gina, Jenn, Chelsea and Mandi for making the stay enjoyable!!

Room Tip: Ask to be on the 2nd floor if you intend on doing laundry.
1 Thank Rich W
Rich W,
I greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review and for your loyalty to our hotel. I will be sure to share your kind comments about the staff and for recognizing Gina, Jenn, Chelsea and Mandi. We take great pride in our hotel and aim to provide top notch service. Thank you again for your review and feedback.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn last weekend to attend a concert at the Florida Amphitheater and gamble at the Seminole Casino. The hotel is immaculate--extremely clean from the front door to the corners of the bathroom. Everyone on staff--front desk, breakfast servers, shuttle driver--were friendly, helpful, efficient, and enthusiastic about providing great service. Breakfast was very good.

The only downfall of this hotel is that it is not close to anything--no restaurants, shopping, nothing. The hotel does provide a shuttle--and the driver, Marcus, is wonderful--and this goes a long way to make up for the desolate location. It's a 10-minute or so drive the few miles to the casino or the fairgrounds (and also to the big Westfield shopping center), but getting picked up from an event at either is chaotic and time consuming.

Storymom,
Thank you for your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay, and that our team took great care of you. We aim to provide clean comfortable accommodations and surroundings. I am pleased you had the opportunity to travel with our shuttle and experienced great service. It will be my pleasure to share your kind comments with Marcus. I hope you choose to stay with us again in the future. Thank you again for your review.
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stayed here while attending a concert at the Florida Fairgrounds. The hotel staff was fantastic! I really can't say enough good things about them! Everyone from the front desk to housekeeping to waitstaff were just so accomodating and personable! The ladies at the front desk were very helpful with questions I had about the area and even printed directions to the Tampa Aquarium for me. The hotel does provide a shuttle to concerts at the Fairgrounds but the shuttle will not pick you up after the concert due to the amount of traffic, which is understandable. There are, however, plenty of taxi cabs waiting just outside the front entrance of the fairgrounds for anyone who needs transport back to their hotels. We did enjoy the breakfast at the hotel. They have a small buffet style area with the basics and they also have a chef preparing whatever you ask for such as, French toast, Waffles, Pancakes, and any type of Omelette you could imagine, all made to order. The hotel itself was very clean and quiet. There is a outdoor pool and a really nice sitting area in the back. It is in a safe area and the parking lot is surrounded by large shrubbery so you cannot see it from the road. The parking lot and sitting area in the back are all very well lit at night. If you are going to be in the area for a concert, or any other event, I'd highley recommend staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
H P,
Thank you for your detailed review and for providing kind comments about your recent stay. I hope you enjoyed the concert! We take tremendous pride in providing top level service and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. It will be my pleasure to share your feedback during our next staff meeting.
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I have stayed here several times in the past year and it has always been a great experience. Good rooms, good food in the restaurant, great staff. The beds are very comfortable. My last two trips here, my rooms haven't been cleaned very well, mostly there is hair in the bathroom when I arrive. The service has always been great, both at the front desk and in the restaurant. Jenn R knows me every morning when I come in for breakfast and puts in my order as soon as I get there. She has been very friendly and gone out of her way to make sure that I am taken care of.

Seecester,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I regret the cleanliness of your room was not up to standard. I will be sure to follow up with our Housekeeping Manager to ensure we get this issue resolved immediately. Thank you for recognizing Jenn R – it will be my pleasure to share your kind comments to her as it will make her day! Thank you again and I hope to see you again in the future.
Dannielle Neville, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Sheraton Tampa Brandon Hotel
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Brandon
Staybridge Suites Tampa East - Brandon
Residence Inn Tampa Sabal Park/Brandon
Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa / Riverview / Brandon

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa East/Brandon? Share your experiences!