“Excellent choice for meal & a drink”

The Pub at International Plaza
Ranked #62 of 2,399 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located at the International Plaza in Tampa, The Pub offers a unique combination of British hospitality and American flair. Best known for our signature Fish-n-Chips, guests can also enjoy an assortment of appetizers, sandwiches, burgers and classic British comfort food. The beverage selection includes a wide variety of draught (draft), cask conditioned and handcrafted beers with selections from England, Ireland, Scotland, Europe and the USA. In addition there is a comprehensive list of single malt scotches, small batch and single barrel bourbons, wines and specialty cocktails. The authentic atmosphere and unique experience make The Pub a great place to dine, drink and gather.
UK
“Excellent choice for meal & a drink”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stopped here for a drink and a couple of appetizers whilst we were shopping at International Plaza and were pleasantly surprised. The Pub has a very friendly feel to it, albeit a weird mix up of English & American rolled into one! The staff offer great service and the food was so good we dropped by for a meal on our way to the airport. Try the Sliders or burgers they are reallly good!

• Visited November 2013
ThePubGroup, Guest Relations Manager at The Pub at International Plaza, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Glad we could be a pleasant surprise and provide great service! Cheers!!

Moorestown, New Jersey
“Great Pub”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Typical pub fare and a decent selection of beers combined with great service and outdoor seating make this a great spot to unwind after a few hours of shopping.

• Visited November 2013
Glad we can provide a great place to unwind! Hope to have you back soon, Cheers!
Chapel Hill, NC
“Great food and beer”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Another trip with connections that didn't allow enough time for lunch. Found the Pub near my hotel and was impressed that it was busy at 4 pm. Has the look and feel of the usual US version of a UK pub, the wait staff wore kilts, and decided to take a chance.

Great decision! Since I had an early dinner meeting, I zoned in on the soup and appetizers. After a cup of very good black bean soup and the excellent pub spring rolls with a wonderful dill dipping sauce and two pints of draft beer, I was good to go. Now, two pints are not usual for me, but the draft was perfectly chilled and tasted like pub drafts should.

Service was also excellent. My waiter was from "near Liverpool" and very helpful. The place was quite busy and every thing seemed to run like clockwork. Everyone was very happy and smiling.

Sorry I couldn't try more of their food!

• Visited October 2013
ThePubGroup, Guest Relations Manager at The Pub at International Plaza, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thanks for visiting with us Julia! I am glad you enjoyed your 2 pints with us. Hope to have you back soon, cheers!
Tampa, Florida
“Great for happy hour”
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Had some time to burn so we stopped in for a quick snack & a drink. The good music & very casual atmosphere were inviting. Lots of outdoor seating which is good for people watching. Great drinks menu; the scotch selection is outstanding. Our server, Regina, was attentive & very knowledgable. Most of the food selections are breaded &/or fried so anyone avoiding gluten will have a tough time; but they offer salads & a few GF items. I highly recommend the bacon wrapped dates!

Thanks for the review! Glad you enjoyed your happy hour and bacon wrapped dates. Hope to see you again soon, cheers!
Tampa, Florida
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I enjoyed eating lunch at The Pub today. It was a very pleasant surprise. I was expecting it to be like all the other British themed pubs in the area that serve the same old bar food. It was exactly the opposite. First of all, the atmosphere and décor is very spot on to what I've seen in London. Even the tables and chairs are "pub-like" and very traditional. The server was super helpful and attentive to all our needs. I didn't order any of the typical British pub food items so I can't compare it to the food in England. All I can say is that the Belhaven burger that I ordered was super delicious, and way better than any burger I've ever had in England. It was a juicy burger topped with Belhaven beer cheese and fried onions served on a pretzel bun. Oh my goodness, it was so good. It was a little salty at first (yes, it's a pretzel...duh), but then I brushed off some of the salt which made it taste much better. It was served with crisps (potato chips, but you can have fries instead) and a fried pickle spear. The pickle spear was a little on the spicy side, but it still tasted pretty good. I wasn't able to eat it all because I had previously stuffed my face with the yummy Cheese "Bollocks" that I split with a coworker.

Overall, it was a wonderful meal. I'll definitely be back soon. I'd like to try the Shepherd's Pie with a pint of cider on my next visit. The only disappointment for me was that they didn't have Stilton cheese on the menu as a burger topping. That was the cheese of choice when I was living in England. Maybe they'll add it one day.

• Visited October 2013
ThePubGroup, Guest Relations Manager at The Pub at International Plaza, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thanks for the review! I am glad you enjoyed your Belhaven burger! And we actually have our furniture brought over from England, so thank you for noticing. Hope to have you back soon, cheers!