“Day of Firsts”

Gone Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Gone Fishing Charters provides private, light tackle, inshore fishing charters for parties of up to 6 people. Four, six and eight hour trips available. You'll fish out of a "best in class" boat, a 24 foot Sheaffer 239V Sportfisherman. New tackle and an experienced captain insure a quality outing. Species targeted include redfish, seatrout, snook, tarpon, cobia, spanish mackerel, kingfish, grouper, snapper and shark. License, bait tackle, digital pictures and fish cleaning all included.
Reviewed October 25, 2013

What a great time fishing with Captain Ames! I've never fished the gulf before and within 3 hours, I had my first Spanish Mackerel, a large Kingfish, happened to hook a 6+ foot shark, limited out on grouper, and grabbed a nice redfish for dinner. Stewart's boat is comfortable and absolutely perfect for the location, and he is courteous, accommodating, and a terrific instructor for someone working on a new kind of fishing. He's also super-knowledgable and a stand-up business guy! I recommend him for anyone!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stewart recently took a friend and I fishing for the day and my friend was able to catch a 40" Snook which was the very first Snook of his life.Stewarts boat and equipment are top notch and he handles all of the chores so you fish and relax while learning about the local marine life and having fun. Booking Stewart for a day of fishing will be the highlight of your vacation to the Tampa Bay area. He'll do everything he can to make sure you and your group have a fun day catching fish!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Thank you Captain Ames for helping to create a memory of a life time. My grandkids caught fish bigger than they have ever caught before. (we are from Kentucky). Within minutes of meeting Captain Ames, we knew it was going to be a blessed day. My younger grandkids are hearing how great it was and I will be taking them to Florida to go fishing with Captain Ames. If you want the best, go fishing with Captain Ames.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Went out of Ozona with Captain Stuart Ames aboard his immaculate Shaeffer 239 looking for some redfish and snook. I'm new to the area but an avid fisherman (at least I like to think) so I had asked Capt. Ames to show me some areas and techniques for the area. It was a half day charter and Stuart had suggested fishing from 1:30 to 5:30 as the tides were favorable during this slot. I did not realize but, the captain had to go out at 5:00 AM to catch our bait for the day as that is the only time to catch nice sardines. Like I said, he's a hard worker and does what it takes to give his clients the best chance of catching fish. Anyhow, he showed me some productive areas, techniques pertaining to bait, tides and tackle, and we caught some nice redfish and snook in our 4 or 5 our adventure. The Captain is always moving, positioning the boat, rigging lines, baiting hooks and whatever he can possibly do to put you on fish. I highly recommend Captain Stuart Ames and I have been out with a lot of captains and am related to several guides on the Gulf Coast.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Scheduled a half day trip on short notice for July 4th for family coming from out of state. Captain Stewart Ames was extremely accommodating and courteous. He was informative and patient with us all..... and not happy till he put us on the fish. Once we started hooking, we had several instances when we had multiple hook ups at the same time. Through all of Captain Ames hard work, there was little time we didn't have lines back in the water. We all came home with a nice catch and had a great time. Looking forward to another trip with Captain Ames!

Been to Gone Fishing Charters? Share your experiences!