“Gone Fishing Charter Trip 2/12/2013”

Gone Fishing Charters
Ranked #3 of 93 Outdoor Activities in Tampa
More attraction details
Owner description: Gone Fishing Charters provides private, light tackle, inshore fishing charters for parties of up to 6 people. Four, six and eight hour trips available. You'll fish out of a "best in class" boat, a 24 foot Sheaffer 239V Sportfisherman. New tackle and an experienced captain insure a quality outing. Species targeted include redfish, seatrout, snook, tarpon, cobia, spanish mackerel, kingfish, grouper, snapper and shark. License, bait tackle, digital pictures and fish cleaning all included.
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have fished with Captain Ames on 5 different occasions and each has been a very satisfying experience. This particular trip was unique in that we caught our limits (3 guys) of trout in the first 90 minutes of fishing. We stayed on our spot for another hour or so and caught and released several more fish. We then started to fish for Red Fish and proceeded to take our limit of those.
Again catching and releasing several more fish.
Captain Ames is a true professional and is always willing to share his knowledge and secret tricks with his customers. His equipment is A1 and his knowledge is always "spot on".
I have future trips booked with him and would recommend him to anyone wanting to share a day of fishing excitement with a true gentleman !

3  Thank Francis R
"tampa area"
"stewart"
in 31 reviews

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Our fishing trip with Captain Stewart turned our vacation to a family memory that will never be forgotten! From my first conversation with Captain Stewart on the phone, he immediately made me feel that his main priority is for us to be able to get out there and catch some fish all while having a good time. His genuine nature and respectable character was a delight to be around. He was also great with the kids and made sure they had every opportunity to land their own fish. Not to mention he answered all of their questions no matter how crazy they got… including "Are you a pirate captain?"

He made sure he tended to all of our needs including those that were related to our religion. He was even interested to learn of a new way to clean fish that originates from Iraq. Once I showed him how to do it, he proceeded to clean all the rest of our 13 fish using the new way at our request. He also followed up with emails after our trip and even one where he realized that he didn't finish answering a question I brought up on the boat (since we got interrupted with a screaming reel!). He took the time to make sure all my questions were answered (I'm still new to fishing) even after the trip was done.

I feel like I've gained a good friend in the Clearwater area and will be sure to charter another trip with him the next time I visit. If you are even curious about chartering a fishing trip, you will be hard pressed to find a more genuine person who wants to turn your experience into a fond memory that will last you a life time!

2  Thank abuzayn
Reviewed November 6, 2012

From chasing porpising Spanish Macerel attacking their glass minnow prey to Kingfishing over nearshore reefs to Inshore Redfishing, we even tightened up on a very confused baraccuda. I've fished on dozens of charters and seldom have the experience where the hope and hype matches the outcome, but Cap't Ames and his Shaeffer beauty really raised the bar. Thanks for an exceptional day of CATCHING!

2  Thank someoneotherthanyou
Reviewed October 3, 2012

What a "hoot" to fish with Captain Stewart Ames.
We were in town for a wedding, and he came highly recommended as a
fishing guide. We fished on Friday morning, and again on Saturday
morning.
Captain Ames put us on good fish on both days! His boat and all his
equipment are first rate, and he takes plenty of time to talk with you and
explain everything. He is very friendly and open to what kind of fish you
want to catch. It's not just a job for him; it's a vocation.
We caught plenty of fish and were able to have a big family "fish fry"
during the weekend.
In Christ, Who Caught Us,
Terry F., retired United Methodist Minister

2  Thank Terry F
See more reviews
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Wow; I have fished Florida waters from the Keys to the Panhandel, East coast West coast and have never experianced a finer day than the one I had with Captian Stewrt Ames.His boat and equipment were clean and well taken care of. Bait was on the boat when we left the dock and we were fishing within a half hour after we left the dock.
In the next hour and a half I and my partner boated nine snook and three reds all of which were over the slot size. The snook ran 34 to 37 inches and we had our hands full boating these fish and releasing them. I am not certian how many we lost but when thy turned off I was happy to sit down and rest. There for a while i thought my arm was going to break.What a wonderfull experiance.

2  Thank Raymond p

Been to Gone Fishing Charters? Share your experiences!