“Captain Steve put us on a 40 pound Cobia!”

Tampa Flats and Bay Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Tampa Bay Fishing Charters are fun and action filled adventures for people of all ages and skill levels. Some of the species that can be targeted are Snook,Redfish,Trout, Tarpon,Cobia,Sharks,Kingfish,Spanish Mackerel and more! Your adventure will be aboard a fully equipped and well maintained 24' Proline Flatback that will float in less than 12" of water but is stable enough to handle the chop of Tampa Bay and the coastal waters along the beach. Every charter includes all the rods,reels,tackle bait,fishing licenses and more. Tampa Bay Fishing Charters serves Tampa, St. Petersburg and Clearwater. We are mobile so we can target the best area that is producing the best fishing depending on the time of year. Don't hesitate book your charter now to insure you get the date(s) you would like!
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We highly recommend Captain Steve! He made our first fishing trip with our kids a wonderful experience! We caught multiple fish including a 40 pound Cobia on our 4 hour adventure! What an awesome day!

CaptainSteve24, Owner at Tampa Flats and Bay Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2014

That was an exciting day for sure. I am so happy I was able to help make a great memory for you and your family to have for years to come.
Catching that 40 pound Cobia was a bonus! One of my favorite fish to catch.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Had great time with Capt Steve. We caught Spanish mackerel, ladyfish, sea trout, a cobia, redfish, in addition to a few sheepheads and puffer fish! I really appreciate the time Capt. Steve spent with my 9 yo son, who ended up catching the most fish of all of us (over 20 fish)! I would highly recommend the inland charter with Capt. Steve for all ages and skill levels.

1  Thank Glenn12341
CaptainSteve24, Owner at Tampa Flats and Bay Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Thank you for your review.
It is always my pleasure to work with the children on my charters. I try to pay special attention to them because I know that the experience they have could effect their view of fishing in general in the future.
All of my customers no matter what age are very important to me.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Enjoyed a nice day on the water with Capt. Steve. All 3 of us had personal bests of Snook, Redfish and Mackeral. We also caught whiting, sheepshead, puffer and ladyfish. We kept 8 fish but caught many more. If we were not on fish, Steve moved until we got on them. he switched up baits, chummed and provided a great learning experience that we could use on future outings, on the water to catch fish on our own. Capt. Steve iced our fish, we cleaned them at home. We recommend Capt. Steve for first timers to old salts. He fits the bill as a very Good Guide.

1  Thank Loomis_gp
CaptainSteve24, Owner at Tampa Flats and Bay Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2015

I had to read this review over and over several times to understand why we got only a 4 star rating. It finally hit me. For what ever reason I only put the fish on ice for you and did not clean and bag them.
I don't remember specifics of the day as I do many charters but either way I feel this was my fault for either not asking if you would like me to clean your catch or perhaps I had forgotten to bring my filet knife along. No excuses for this.
Providing a 5 Star experience is always my goal. I lacked doing that on this charter.

Thank you for your honest feed back. I am always looking for ways to improve my charters.

Capt. Steve

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Had a great day fishing with Captain Steve. The skipper put us on fish. My wife's first and second Snook. Both trophy size. One admirable part of the trip, the Captain practices catch and release. Kept enough trout for dinner. Captain Steve knows fishing, is personable, friendly, and has a sense of humor. ( he had to have one fishing with me ) I don't think there's higher praise for a guide than repeat customers. ( which we will be ) Again, thanks for beautiful day on the water.
andy koosman

1  Thank andrew k
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Capt Steve turned us on to some non-stop fishing today...snook, trout redfish. He put my friend on her first snook and even got her a slam! I've fished with Steve many times before and every trip has been memorable.