“Not the same Cabana”

La Cabana Restaurant
Ranked #640 of 2,621 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Colombian
Reviewed August 30, 2014

Made the trip across the bay to eat at our favorite spot for Colombian Cuisine. Other than the company I was with trip somewhat disappointing. At one time I would say this was one of the best restaurants I have ever been too. When family was in town we would take them here, and also meet up with old friends there.

We were surprised to see that the restaurant has moved, but glad they were not closed. (It has been a while since we were there)...

On this visit...food was below average....my chicken was small and dried out. My wifes sausage look way over cooked, her egg was also...The once generous portions looked trimmed down and not the way they once were. (Our other guests liver looked wonderful, but I wouldn't make the trip for liver)...

Service was also very suspect...meals came before we got our beverages....and the restaurant seemed to have as many staff as patrons...

Will go back again based on all the other visits....but another visit like this one and I will take my money elsewhere. Also...only offer chicken nuggets or cheese sticks for kids...not good.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

My wife and I had a great meal and are certainly coming back.
Food was delish! Great variety and flavors, staff and manager were very good.
Highly recommend to anyone with an adventurous palate...
Mark

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We went back several months after they moved to the new location and it was still very popular. On a Sunday afternoon, it was crowded. I ordered the chicken soup and my husband ordered the Bandeja Paisa. We shared the chicharon and it was delicious. We shared a Passion Fruit shake and it was very good. I requested my favorite waiter there, Pacho. He was fast, efficient and friendly.

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

The food was burned and they refused to take it back stating we had already eaten some. Managemenr never came to the table and made the poor waiter the go between. Servers are good i guess but the food is suffering terribly. Not a good choice for sancocho as it was like water and full of bones with a tiny bit of meat. Very disappointing dinner. Second time we ate there and both times bad. Will not go back!

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Kitchen has several violations and is unclean and i was in the bathroom with an employee of this restaurant. She left without washing her hands. When i questioned her about that she stated she will wash in the back. Yeah right. !!!!!She was right back after i was, serving food. i will never eat here again and as a nurse, i know how important handwashing is. Please heed my warning!!!

Been to La Cabana Restaurant? Share your experiences!