“old grease, flies and poor management.”

La Cabana Restaurant
Ranked #490 of 2,435 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Colombian
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Food is always burned if fried and tastes like old grease. I don't know about the reason for the flies in the restaurant, gross!!! Sancocho tastes like water with cilantro, even the rotisserie chicken tastes burnt. Will not be back, no way!!!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

There are several Colombian restaurants in Tampa but for us, this is the best.
My husband usually orders the "Bandeja de Paisa" that comes with steak, chicharon (pork rind), arepa (corn cake made of corn dough), rice, sausage and soup. I love their chicken soup with big chunks of chicken, potatoes, corn and hard boiled egg. It is delicious. It is served with rice and a salad. They have good rotisserie chicken which is very popular. Recently, they moved to a new location on 5302 N. Armenia Avenue.
Service can be spotty especially on a very busy day.
The food is good and very reasonable.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Ok how do I start hummm. Well it will be plain and easy, we try to eat there yesterday(june 26) around 4pm ,my wife ,my 2 kids and me.To start just let me tell you that i have been married for 13 years and my first anniversary was celebrate at this place but at the old location (closed) so off course our expectations were as high as it was 12 years ago but this time went we finally found the new location ,we enter and ask the waitress if she can tell us were to seat and she in a very rude manner said whenever you decide ,so we seat ,no problem ,after that we got the menu and ask for typical Colombian empanadas and she on off curse a very rude manner way said that in that restaurant they do not serve empanadas( come on are you serious? in a colombian restaurant)after see the horrendous and abusive prices on the menu for kids and also for the regular plates ,I decide to tell to the marvelous waitress that we will leave because we want to eat empanadas and she instead of find a solution prefer to let loose a usually 80$ check that i normally spend in this kind of restaurant , i am not telling you that this is a bad restaurant because i have not try their food lately but if you are willing to be treat like garbage this is your place ok thanks and sorry but i never want to leave a review but this lady deserve it .

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is definately a place for people that enjoy authentic food. Having been to Columbia several times this restaraunt is truly an authentic establishment. This isn't a fancy place and certainly not a little hole in the wall either. The majority of the menu is in Spanish but the staff is helpful in translating as well as offering suggestions. I ordered the fried red snapper and it was cooked exactly as described and as I expected. The childrens chicken nuggets had only a few nuggets and mostly fries but that is really the only 'issue' if you can call it that. Will definately return.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I am going to this place at least once every time I am in Tampa. It never disappoints.
However, to enjoy it the most one should be open-minded and love trying new food.
My favorite there is grilled beef tongue, and I highly recommend it to anyone.

The staff is very friendly, the way you would expect it from Latin Americans.

Been to La Cabana Restaurant? Share your experiences!