“Healthy treat with fresh fruit toppings.”

Green Island Frozen Yogurt & Tea bar
Ranked #10 of 35 Coffee & Tea in Tampa
Cuisines: Asian
Description: Bubble tea and a frozen yogurt station, much like pinkberry. Cute and modern interior.
Fort Myers, Florida
“Healthy treat with fresh fruit toppings.”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

We have been visiting Green Island almost every time we pass through. They have the best yogurt in the area and fruit toppings are always fresh. The Taro yogurt is unique and flavorful. Also love the peanut butter yogurt. If you like tart, theirs is great.

• Visited July 2013

Tampa, Florida
“Boba Bar, Yoghurt Bar, Teen Hang Out”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

What I Love:
Fruit Smoothies with Boba. I love to get both Boba and Jellies mixed into it for extra charge.
My Favorite flavors are Lychee, Honeydew, Strawberry/Mango and Taro.
Some flavors like coconut have just been too diluted and no flavor.

I do not drink tea so the milk Teas are out for me.

I think the yoghurts are just average. But they can be loaded with toppings.

The food is actually quite tasty. Everything I have ordered has been really unique and tasty. Not a lot of food by any means - but will hold you over.

I used to like them more when they were just opened. Then I think they changed the way they made their drinks. They asked if we liked them and people were saying yes - but the intensity of flavor is less and I think they are just adding more "sweetener". They use powders to flavor the drinks. I have asked about them and was told they are "secret" and that they make their own mixtures of teas (which I can not review).

These drinks are addictive and sweet. I wish they had more fruit, especially like in real fruit instead of a powder mix. Sometimes the Boba is undercooked and touch and chewy in the center - but it just lasts longer that way.

Boba is black balls of Tapioca (Taro Powder) that are cooked and cooled and dropped into the drink.
The jellies are like Jello Jigglers and come in fruity flavors. Lychee Mango and Strawberry are the best.

This is a fun but very high calorie drink.

The location is extremely loud because it is tiled everywhere. When school gets out the place is packed with teens. As an adult I get a head ache and have to leave.

Definitely a fun place to be for the younger ones and those not on a diet. I love the boba balls, but it's an expensive powder drink with add-ins. I hope they will improve the quality and I'll come in more often.

• Visited January 2013
florida
“Move Over Starbucks I've got a new Addiction”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I love the milk teas with boba,esp the taro,chai,almond. The drink itself is creamy compared to the fruit tea.My husband's favorite is pineapple/green tea. I've tried raspberry/green tea.house fruit tea,passion fruit. I could drink boba tea everday! they serve a limited menu of sushi which was good & a Taiwanese dessert toast which I'm tempted to try.It is a clean, bright spot with free wi-fi & friendly staff.

• Visited December 2012
Brandon, Florida
“Poor service and limited options”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I stopped into Green Island earlier this morning. I waited in line for quite a few minutes even though I was in a hurry. I frequent another smoothie place nearby but really wanted to try Green Island. When I finally got the counter I asked the girl taking orders what was in a certain smoothie besides the fresh fruit. She informed me that they use non-dairy creamer and a sweetener that they make themselves on-site. When I asked her what was in the sweetener (I was hoping she would say just sugar and water) she had no idea. I really tried to be patient about this, but as I kindly asked her to clarify (or find out) she basically started guessing and fishing for answers for me. That's not something to trust! I finally said thanks and walked out. I'm quite disappointed about this because I also wanted to try their bubble tea, but I definitely won't be returning.

• Visited March 2012
Tampa, Florida
“Yum yum!”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I love this place. Not only do they have boba tea and smoothies, but they also have frozen yogurt and lots of different toppings. They have a few unique flavored yogurts, like taro, and their "original" which is actually frozen yogurt. Its tangy just like yogurt should be. They have a wide variety of toppings, like the usual sprinkles and sauces, ranging to more unique, like fruit jellies, cheesecake bites, and an assortment of diced fresh fruit.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank anthylorrel

Been to Green Island Frozen Yogurt & Tea bar? Share your experiences!