“The worst drive thru of all the franchaise locations”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Pollo Tropical

Pollo Tropical
Ranked #639 of 2,368 Restaurants in Tampa
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The worst drive thru of all the franchaise locations”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Perhaps the worst drive thru in all Tampa bay. For the 6th consecutive time our order get messed up, and it is almost always on the shift of an african american cashier who is just mean to peaple. IF YOU HATE YOUR JOB DON'T TAKE IT ON CUSTOMERS, JUST QUITE AND GET YOU SOMETHING ELSE.
The food however is great, and I love the different salsa they have, two stars are for that.
Give more customer service skills training to that employee or fire her or you will losing a lot of customers

“Sabor Criollo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Pollo Tropical is a chain restaurant in Miami that is now becoming very popular in Tampa.

It is the fast-food of Cuban cuisine. You can always count on the typical fare: white rice, black or red beans, pork or chicken, platanitos or yuca. But this restaurant has upped the fare with more varied choices: brown rice, barbecue ribs, beer and wine/sangria. My favorite dish is TropiChop as everything is already mixed in a bowl.

The drinks have the usual popular drinks plus Mango and of course Materva and Ironbeer.

The best part of this Pollo Tropical on Hillsborough Avenue is that it is NOT plastic ware, but regular metal cutlery, NOT styrofoam or cardboard. After ordering you can get your drink and side salsas while they fix you plate which they will bring to your table. No hollering your name or number and no standing around waiting. It feels more like a restaurant than a fast food place, and that is why we like it best.

To top it all, the staff is always pleasant and helpful making the experience a delight no matter how hurried or harried you may be.

• Visited August 2013
Pinellas Park
“Caribbean food!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food taste good and a really good size for what you paid, they have a nice variety of Caribbean food and desserts!! Staff is really friendly and the place it is really clean.

Visited April 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Review for Pollo Tropical located at 6276 W. Waters Ave, Tampa”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I felt compelled to write this review and post it here, but be aware it is for a different Poloo Tropical location! The location in question is 6276 W. Waters Ave, Tampa, FL.

Sometimes it's more than just the food. This was my family's first visit to any Pollo Tropical restaurant. I will say the food we ended up with was pretty good. That is what we 'expected' from this place. However, I noted quite a few issues within the restaurant.

The first and foremost issue? We were told they were out of chicken. It would be another 20 minutes or so before it was cooked. Hmmm, a chicken place but no chicken? I had my mind set on one of several chicken dishes, but now had to scrap that idea. The cashier, Karol, eventually got an approval from her manager to give me a 1/4 chicken, rib and mojo roast pork trio substituting 2 boneless chicken breasts for the 1/4 chicken. I was a little confused, but ended up extremely satisfied with my platter. I appreciated Karol's efforts for working that out for me.

The dining room area had messy empty tables, paper napkins, food and wrappers on the floor. Worst of all, the floor was slippery, slimy and sticky from spilled fountain drinks. And this was at several of the tables, not just where we ate.

The buffet area where you get various sauces and toppings was a complete mess. Lots of spilled food around. Most of the toppings containers were low or empty. At the end of that counter was the fountain drink dispenser. I wanted Sierra Mist, but that nozzle was not working at all. I tried the Gatorade, it tasted horrible, like it was mixed with stale cola or something.

After eating, I ventured into the men's restroom to clean up. That area was littered with paper towels and the floor was very, very slimy, wet and slippery.

Normally, I would bring these types of issues to the attention of an onsite manager, but in this case I did not. Reason being, the staff appeared to be too 'busy' and not a well-oiled and functioning unit. I decided to bring these issues to the corporate level on the Pollo Tropical website once I returned home. That night I submitted a well executed 'CONTACT US' message, highlighting my concerns and the discrepancies I found. Very similar to the context of this write-up.

The date of our visit was January 13, 2013. I still have the receipt. It has now been 11 days with NO response of ANY kind from anyone associated with Pollo Tropical. I find this lack of follow up inexcusable and irresponsible for a large customer-oriented establishment.

Will my family ever visit another Pollo Tropical location? Possibly, but only if/when I hear back from a corporate representative. If I do, I will update this review accordingly..

• Visited January 2013
Newborn, Georgia
“Always fresh”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

I've been to Pollo Tropical in Orland, Miami, and now Tampa. I love the consistancy of their food. Always fresh, and always hot. I've had the ribs, chicken (of course), plantains, yucca, rice, salad, wraps, and flan. Never had a bad item yet that I would hesitate to try again. Prices are VERY fair.

• Visited July 2012