“Well worth finding”

Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Tampa, FL
“Well worth finding”
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have lived less than five minutes from here for years and never tried it. It wasn't until the put out a groupon that we gave it a shot, and we are glad we did. The food was excellent and the service was also great!

Visited June 2013

Tarpon Springs, Florida
“Nice surprise”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Its in a strip mall with a lot of mid-line stores and offices. Tucked in a corner you might not find it if you didn't know it was there.. But once you know, you will keep coming back.
The food is top of the line and the service is excellent. I had the eggplant parmegiano and my wife enjoyed chicken piccatta. Shw wasn't sure what she wanted was called and the waiter was kind enough to walk her through possibilities to success. For the wine, we took the suggested Sangiovese blend and it was very good.
We ate early and the place was not full but anything after 6 will need a reservation.
They participate in Groupon and that is very good !

• Visited June 2013
Tampa, Florida
“If everything had the marinara on it, it would be great!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The marinara sauce is among the better in Tampa and the side of pasta cooked perfectly. However the balsamic sauce on a chicken entree, was syrupy and tasted bottled. The lasagna was not to my taste. The pink sauce did not complement it at all. Why not use the exceptional marina? Bread was ok. Warehouse shopping mass produced. Fortunately, the end note was cannolis, which were wonderful.

• Visited May 2013
Tampa, Fl
“AMAZING!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I tried this restaurant for the first time a couple of years ago and keep going back and bringing friends and family. The food is amazing! Truly Italian, the service is out of this world. They servers are very attentive, corteous and friendly. You never have to wait for a table, even on mother's day I was able to make a reservation for a party of 8 an hour before we got to the restaurant. The prices are not cheap, they are average compare to Carrabba's or Maggiano's but you get quality fresh food. Highly recommend the Linguini di mare :)

• Visited May 2013
Bristol, Rhode Island
“Excellent and Tasty!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

In Tampa for only one day and I caught the reviews on Tripadvisor. I'm always on the lookout for these largely unnoticed gems sitting in offbeat places like strip malls.

We lucked out! The place is off the beaten path but was not very far from our hotel. I got a Caesar salad and it was crisp and fresh. My wife got bruschetta and it was great. She ordered a lasagna and loved it; a northern Italian meat dish that I confirmed iwas excellent. We had a nice bottle of Italian wine too. I had a special; red snapper with lump crab and lemon sauce...incredible! For dessert, we both got the limoncello sorbet. Perfect ending to a perfect meal!

We had a nice conversation with one of the owners, Javier. He told us the restaurant had been there for twelve years. He explained that they were just under way with Internet advertising and exposure and I realized why there were so few reviews for such a good restaurant.

Not sure if we'll ever be back in Tampa but if we are, we'll be back here for sure!

• Visited April 2013

Been to Gio's Italian? Share your experiences!