“AMAZING!”

Dining options: Reservations
Tampa, Fl
“AMAZING!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I tried this restaurant for the first time a couple of years ago and keep going back and bringing friends and family. The food is amazing! Truly Italian, the service is out of this world. They servers are very attentive, corteous and friendly. You never have to wait for a table, even on mother's day I was able to make a reservation for a party of 8 an hour before we got to the restaurant. The prices are not cheap, they are average compare to Carrabba's or Maggiano's but you get quality fresh food. Highly recommend the Linguini di mare :)

• Visited May 2013

Bristol, Rhode Island
“Excellent and Tasty!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

In Tampa for only one day and I caught the reviews on Tripadvisor. I'm always on the lookout for these largely unnoticed gems sitting in offbeat places like strip malls.

We lucked out! The place is off the beaten path but was not very far from our hotel. I got a Caesar salad and it was crisp and fresh. My wife got bruschetta and it was great. She ordered a lasagna and loved it; a northern Italian meat dish that I confirmed iwas excellent. We had a nice bottle of Italian wine too. I had a special; red snapper with lump crab and lemon sauce...incredible! For dessert, we both got the limoncello sorbet. Perfect ending to a perfect meal!

We had a nice conversation with one of the owners, Javier. He told us the restaurant had been there for twelve years. He explained that they were just under way with Internet advertising and exposure and I realized why there were so few reviews for such a good restaurant.

Not sure if we'll ever be back in Tampa but if we are, we'll be back here for sure!

• Visited April 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Overpriced place”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food was OK, typical italian meal, which I don't think should cost a lot since it's pasta ,pasta pasta. Little bit overpriced considering the location ( a strip mall). The waiter made it seems like he is offering us a free glass of wine as a courtesy for not having our table ready on time, but at the end we found out that he actually tried to charge us double . I don't think I will go back to that place.

• Visited March 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Gem hidden in a strip mall on the corner of Waters and Dale Mabry”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Live keyboard music on Friday and Saturday nights makes dining a pleasant experience. Pastas are all homemade with several fresh specials nightly such as lamb, escargot or lobster. The staff is attentive and will customize your meal so you get what you want, mixing and matching sauces and sides. Wine prices are pretty reasonable.

• Visited March 2013
Tampa, FL
“A delicious lunch with ample portion size”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We have had dinner here with other couples and have had excellent meals. Today i was in the area, it was noon and I remembered that Gios has a lunch. There were people sitting outside eating, but I am an indoor person. There were tablecloths on the tables and attentive waiters on a random Thursday and a number of people already seated. I ordered the chicken Florentine, which was delicious and came with salad with a house dressing, hot fresh Italian bread and choice of pasta or vegetables. I ordered the pasta, which was perfectly cooked and in a vodka sauce, which is unusual, especially at lunch. My meal cost $12,95 and was the same amount of food that you would have at a normal Italian restaurant for dinner. I do not get over there thatt often, but when I am in the area again at lunchtime, I will pay them another visit

• Visited December 2012

Been to Gio's Italian? Share your experiences!