“A delicious lunch with ample portion size”
Review of Gio's Italian

Gio's Italian
Ranked #319 of 2,563 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We have had dinner here with other couples and have had excellent meals. Today i was in the area, it was noon and I remembered that Gios has a lunch. There were people sitting outside eating, but I am an indoor person. There were tablecloths on the tables and attentive waiters on a random Thursday and a number of people already seated. I ordered the chicken Florentine, which was delicious and came with salad with a house dressing, hot fresh Italian bread and choice of pasta or vegetables. I ordered the pasta, which was perfectly cooked and in a vodka sauce, which is unusual, especially at lunch. My meal cost $12,95 and was the same amount of food that you would have at a normal Italian restaurant for dinner. I do not get over there thatt often, but when I am in the area again at lunchtime, I will pay them another visit

Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

A small Italian restaurant with very good food. I tried the chicken rigatoni. I Also had a cappuccino and a piece of chocolate cake. Everything was fresh and delicious!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

It is hard to find genuine Italian food while on vacation so we are always a little skeptical to stop into places we are not familiar with. But I am so glad we did! It was very very good and the prices were very reasonable! If you are in the area you really should stop by here and try the chicken parm!!

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We ate for the first time at Gio's on Friday night but it sure wo't be our last!!!The calamari appetizer was cooked to perfection in a sauce that was good enough to drink!!!! The special was linguine with oilive oil and blue lump crab! It was awesome as was the farfalle bolognese. Portions were plentiful and I ended up taking my calamari home with my pasta and mixed them together for lunch...pure Heaven!!!!!

Reviewed June 16, 2012

I had dinner at Gio's with my husband and another couple who live in the Tampa area. We found the restaurant through Alaska Airlines restaurant guide where you earn air miles for every dollar spent and thought we would give it a try. The restaurant is in a strip mall but because the airlines recommended it, we knew it was worth checking out and we loved the place. Our server, Javier, was very friendly and helpful in making menu suggestions and he recommended their fish special, Corvina fish with lobster sauce, crabmeat and it was outstanding; the fish was fresh, moist and very tasty. The lasagna which our friends ordered was the best they've ever had and my husband ordered the fruitte de mare with the aribiatta sauce and he loved his dish as well. Javier's recommendation for the Limoncello cake was the perfect ending to a perfect meal.

When in Tampa again, we will definitely visit this restaurant for an encore meal.

Been to Gio's Italian? Share your experiences!