See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 23, 2007

We stayed here for an overnight stop while visiting Busch Gardens, the rates were good, room clean and simple and staff friendly. The area was nothing special, some say it looks dodgy but it was nothing compared to staying in Hollywood. There's a few cheap eateries nearby like Dennys and a really friendly little shack of a bar called Picadilly just over the road. Not much to do in the area apart from Busch Gardens, I would recommend a couple of nights here for that but nothing more. The entrance to Busch Gardens is deceptively far away, although you can just about see the sign from the hotel the actual park entrance is on the far side and a good 30 mins walk.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2007

We found the hotel to be very near to Busch gardens, however, we found the area made us feel insecure, as we were women traveling alone. The hotel appeared clean and the staff were nice, but we decided after arriving, that we would not stay there and found another hotel a bit further away.

• Stayed: May 2007
Reviewed April 7, 2007

My room was great. I was in 133 in the front. Carpet looked rather new, as did the bedspeads and curtains. Never saw a bug. Bathroom was tiny but very clean. Tub had those nice curtains that curve out. I got in at almost 4a and expected problems since it was spring break, there were none and the night clerk was awesome. Great sense of humor and conversational for 4a...she had long brown hair. Happy to see the front staff were not foreigners who can't speak English. Very convenient location. Walgreens a block away and CVS about a half mile, small Walmart and Golden Corral close by. The room was quiet. AC worked well and also quiet. I had 2 towels, bathmat, deodorant and face soap, shampoo, hand towels and washcloths etc each day. Small desk and 2 chairs. The coffee in the lobby machine is good-I was surprised. Maybe it wasn't the Ritz...but I didn't pay for the Ritz...59 a night. Oh...and one more thing...the smell. AWESOME. I hate musty or funky/lysol motel rooms and this place has a great airfreshner with a hint of citrus. It was nice to walk in the room each day and it was the first thing you notice. Sometimes I don't think hotels realize how much they could affect people with something as simple as a clean scent. I have room and bathroom pictures. I'll upload later or email me.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 3, 2007

I am probably not the best to rate this as I typically do not stay in a motel rather than a hotel. But, I went to Tampa during Spring Break, the airshow and the St. Pete Grand Prix so rooms were hard to find. I had stayed at this property about 25 years ago and at that time it was rather new and very clean so I thought I would try as they said they had renovated. I was surprised to find the same furniture and the mattresses were very poor. But they did have newer carpet, curtains and spreads. The first room I was given was full of small bugs in the bathroom. They looked like mites. I was afraid they were going to get into my luggage so they moved me the following night. The sheets were ripped on the bed and one bed actually had brown spots (thank God for two beds). The room has no blow dryer or iron. You can use an iron and very small ironing board if you leave your license. They painted, but painted over the wallpaper and it was coming apart in places. Save your towels. They were only leaving me one a night. It is a shame they did not renovate and clean up a little better as the place would be a nice cheaper place to stay. The real problem is the people you find staying here, they can make you a little nervous. The area is a nasty area but they do have a policeman sitting in the lot on weekends.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed March 24, 2007

We were looking for a long weekend to Busch Gardens. Unfortunately we picked St. Patty's day weekend during spring break and hotel prices were ridiculous. Got a great rate: $59.99 per night. This hotel is literally less than 2 miles from the Busch Gardens parking lot and there are tons of places to eat within 2 blocks. The rooms were small but clean. They've recently replaced the carpet and the bathroom flooring, as well as the curtains, bed spread and shower curtain. I think they even put a fresh coat of paint on the walls. It was half an attempt at an update b/c the furniture is still pretty old. And for some reason we didn't have a trashcan and had to call to the front for one. The receptionist wasn't overly friendly but she wasn't outright rude either. The exterior is sorely in need of updating, though the landscaping is nice. The parking area is not very appealing. There is a delapidated brick wall surrounding the hotel but it backs up to a school. I imagine the rooms in the back hear a lot of noise during the day when school is in session. Also, if you stay here, don't forget to take advantage of the complimentary coffee. I was thinking it would be a pot that had sat there for days but when I checked out I noticed it was one of those fancy machines that you can get lattes and foamed concoctions from. So I took two to go. Pretty good! All in all, we would stay here again if it were the only decently priced place in the area. However, we really aren't motel people and would have much preferred a hotel.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family