“Got to be at the bottom of Red Roof's Properties” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch

Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch
Ranked #135 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Tallahassee, Florida
“Got to be at the bottom of Red Roof's Properties”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

After waiting to be checked in for 15+ minutes (we were the only one in line) an overworked clerk apologized profusely and went on to check us in without any hitches. I got the keys to the room which was ideally where we would have liked to have stayed.But after several attempts to open the room with three different keys we were moved to the back of the hotel (ugh).

When we opened the door we were overcome by the muskiness emanating from the room (blah). I suppose we should have asked for another room, but they only had just so many rooms that fit our needs (no smoking, king size, ground floor since they had no elevator). Needlessly to say the room just purely smelled bad. I've never seen wood flooring in a bathroom but that may be the trend now. We pulled the spread back and slept on the top sheet, not between the sheets but on top. I slept in my clothes as I was afraid something might crawl on me.

The property need some TLC on the yards and room(s). If all the other rooms were as
unappealing as ours then this place is just about gone to the dogs. The next morning (delayed taking a shower until I got home) I went out to my car and found the hood and windshield splatter with something white, gladly to say a little water and suds remove it.

This hotel I know is not typical of Red Roof. I've stayed in quite a few others and they were much better than this one. This one needs to get on the ball and get their grounds and rooms in much better shape.

Room Tip: Ask if you can see the room before finalizing check in. Know and see what awaits you and be sure you...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Don S
hurst213, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Please let me start by offering my sincerest apologies that we did not meet your expectations. We try to exceed every guests expectations but failed to do so in your case. Once again we're so very sorry.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

In all truth I did not stay here, I went to check in and was scared off by the smell and disgusting condition of the lobby!! Also I believe there were prostitutes in the parking lot !! They rent it by the week so you also have people living there . Yes it is cheap but not worth it when you have children, even if its just somewhere to sleep. 5 minutes away is the Ramada Inn which was only $28 dollars more and very clean and safe . I would never recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Jilliantravel
hurst213, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
I'm very sorry your stay did not meet your expectations. The staff and I strive to meet and exceed all guest's expectations and I'm sorry we fell short with yours.
Warm regards,
Dunnellon, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This was by far the worst experience I have ever had at any motel or hotel. First off do not book through travelocity, the pictures they use are not up to date. The moment I drove onto the property a shirtless man approached my car asking for things. I go to check in and notice that the glass between myself and the employee had a lovely crack in it resembling a bullet. As I am walking to my room I notice I am being followed, the person follows me to my room and stands outside my window. The room was horrible. It smelled to the high heavens of some chemical. The ceiling was falling down. The light fixtures on the wall were handing sideways. The beds with not made all the way. The floors were dirty and there was a orange sticky substance on the dresser. I wanted to leave, I did not feel safe. I was told I could not have a refund because I had been in the room too long. I was in there for literally 5 minutes. Getting out of that room took over 30mins. While standing in the little office I notices that every time someone checked in the guy radioed the security officer a description. They offered no apologies but I finally got my refund & ran! When I went to my new hotel, I realized I wasn't the only one. The couple who had just checked in had some of the same issues. This Red Roof is nasty, I would not suggest staying there!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms at another hotel, would be your best bet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank DanielleNic0le
I'm so sorry we did not meet your expectations. The staff and I try to exceed every guest's expectations. I'm very sorry we fell short of meeting yours.
Warm regards,
lake panasoffkee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

3 days agoI left the Red Roof Inn on Busch Blvd. in Tampa and this afternoon realizing that my diamond ring was missing from my finger...My very first thoughyt that entered my mind was the bottle of lotion that busted in my room at the Red Roof. My mind went directly to when I was scooping up the lotion as to not waste it and how much wouldn't absorb into my skin. After deciding that it wasn't going into my skin any longer I wiped off the excess with a face towel laying on the counter and apparently wipeds my ring off as well. The next morning being in my usual hurry I emptied the garbage and dropped off the dirty towels (one of them containing my ring) at the laudry room just a few doors down. Well walking through Wal-Mart and noticing my ring gone I immediately called the Red Roof remembering the lotion incident. I spoke with the always so polite and helpful Ms.Monica at the front desk. I told her of my dilemma and she remembered me as I did her being that I frequent this motel often. She said to me, "I will check with housekeeping and call you back, give me 5 or 10 minutes." Well within that time period she returned my call with wonderful news. They had found my ring and I just about fell out with gratitude. I just cannot thank you guys especially the gal who runs the laundry room and Monica as well (shes always sooooo nice) and also a big thanks to the Manager Bob for choosing a great staff of honest and full of integrity. I just can't believe in this day and age that this ring has found it's way back to me. You guys are the best! I will never cheat and go anywhere else when I am in your area. LOL Again thank you sooooo much! Sincerely, Jeff Elkins

Room Tip: all the rooms are as clean as a whistle
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
I'm very thankful for the trustworthy staff we have here.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My friend and I were spending the summer touring universities. We are two young girls about to graduate community college and a discount was a plus when we found out the Red Roof would save us some serious cash. We booked online. The pictures made it seem like this was a nice place to stay. False advertising doesn't even explain it! We pulled up, a man walked up to my car and asked if we had cigarettes. Then we find a parking spot and check in. We can immediately tell we were in a bad area of town. The check in lobby is the size of a small guest bathroom and it was filthy. We get our room keys and quickly get to our room. We were being followed! A woman who stood outside of our room, trying to get money. The room was a disaster. Dirty, paint peeling, holes in the wall, messed up beds and tiny bathroom. After the woman left outside of our room, my friend and I hauled *** to the lobby and demanded a refund. It was seriously a nerve wrecking experience. Just down the road we checked into a holiday inn express and was immediately calmed down. I would not ever recommend the Red Roof to anyone. Druggies and homeless people flood the area. Not family friendly at all!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank missmaggiexo
I'm very sorry we were not able to meet your expectations.
Miami, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Came here with my two kids and after two hours I had to check out. The neighbors were smoking weed on the balcony, neighbors slamming there door on my car and the place was just straight up disgusting. I came here because I thought "how bad can it be, it Red Roof Inn they are descent". Oh boy was I wrong. At 11 at night I grabbed my two kids and checked in Sheraton East Hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
I'm very sorry for not being able to meet your expectations.
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Initially, I was dissatisfied. Due to the customer support from Parul (the associate at the front desk) I will be returning again and again. Many people do not realize the value of customer support; I am really thankful that Ms Parul is one of the exceptional service reps that is 100% driven for customer satisfaction.

Thank you Ms. Parul :-)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you very much regarding the service at our hotel.