“Price, Value, Room Quality...cant be Beat!!”

Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds-Casino
Ranked #113 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Stuart, Florida
“Price, Value, Room Quality...cant be Beat!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2011

My husband and I decided at the last minute to attend Gasparilla in Tampa, and we wanted to stay nearer to Ybor City. After checking rates downtown (YIKES!) and in Westshore (too far) we decided to give the RRI a try. This was based on reviews on tripadvisor. I'm serious: WOW. It was further from the Bay (about 15 minutes) than we were hoping after standing all day on a parade route, but it was LESS than 7 minutes from Ybor City.

PROS: THE ROOM WAS IMMACULATE. THE ROOM WAS BRAND NEW. THE WIFI WAS SCREAMING. DONNA AT THE FRONT DESK WAS A SWEETHEART!! A WING HOUSE WAS RIGHT IN THE PARKING LOT. PARKING WAS FREE. BED WAS COMFY. NICE AMENITIES. NICE SHOWER! SPACIOUS ROOM!!

CONS: NOT close to the Bayfront area. Towels (TINY!).

I've seen a few reviews here where people grimaced at the location (caliber of people around). Well, it was Gasparilla, so everyone we saw looked like they had partied to hard. But the area felt safe to me; we didnt spend much time strolling around.

Its possible in a year or two this hotel will look beat up, but for now...oh my goodness, it was LUXURY considering what we paid for it.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Canton, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2011

Got this from Priceline as 2 star hotel. Worst 2 star hotel I've ever stayed in. Almost run down twice in parking lot. Lots of noisy workers. Next to Hooters-type restaurant. Didn't even shower in the morning. Left as soon as I could. Wifi was o.k. Would have liked more recently purchased sheets and pillows. Man next door hung his laundry over the railing.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Morganville, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2010

There was a female at the front desk who was very helpful during my stay.

She offered me to use the front desk computer's internet service for a short time. She also offered to open the door for me when my hands were full/occupied to hold my belongings.

Even though I am away from home, she really tried to make my hotel stay like home.

Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Palm Bay, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2010

My wife and I stayed here over the weekend in November. From the time of our check in till our check out everything was good. The man in the lobby the night we checked in was nice and quick to get us our keys. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. You may want to bring your own pillows, but I always think you should do that anyway. Over all it was a good stay. You also get a good discount by booking online.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
St. Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2010

My stay was easy and comfortable. No problems I would recommend it to anyone looking for an inexpensive comfortable place to spend the night. Donna at the front desk was a pleasure to deal with also. She has a great attitude and wonderful personality. I was attending a show at the fairgrounds and the RRI is right across the street. Great location for anyone going to a show, concert, or anything in that area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2010

I stayed at red roof with some friends when we traveled to Tampa to see a concert at the amphitheater there. The location could not have been better. It is within walking distance of the amphitheater . The staff was very courteous and helpful especially Donna, the front desk attendant. It was very convenient, it is even pet friendly so I did not have to pay to have my dog boarded for the night.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2010

great room, refer, microwave, good bed, great shower, good location, friendly staff, absolutely no problems

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple