“Yeh, OK, If I have to ...”

Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds-Casino
Ranked #89 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We're not Red Roof regulars.

The only reason we stayed here is that they don't charge for pets ! + Point

As others have said; the rooms are clean, and the beds are comfortable ! + Point

But, the pathways are dirty and smell unclean.

If you're "on the road" need some where comfortable for a nights sleep and want change from $80, this'll work.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Mark P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds-Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry your experience was not to your expectations. I will share these comments with the staff. I hope you and your pet will try us again. Thank you again.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

room were up to date features the cleaning excellent front/room staff absolutely friendly location couldn't be better prices very fair overall most excellent choice of hotel to stay most recommended to all in area most love devin stallings room 253 p.s even bought a thankyou card to give to all staff on my checkout day it was that great :)

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank DADDYD1025
Mark P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds-Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you so much for your comments. The staff really had a great time with the card you gave them. Hope to see you again soon, and thank you again.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

This was the first time we got a room before a concert at the Fairgrounds. This Inn was awesome. Clean, quiet, and very convenient . The Price was very affordable and we will definitely stay here again and tell our friends and family about this Inn.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Storworld
Mark P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds-Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Thank you for your comments. I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us for the concert. Yes we are very convenient for the venues at the Fairgrounds. I look forward to seeing you and maybe your friends for the next concert. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Second time I stayed here, both times for concerts. I'm glad it was only one night. The room itself was clean enough but the outside and stair areas were dirty. I was nervous based on what I was seeing before I checked in and on way to room. I felt better once we seen the rooms. We were only here to sleep one night so we didn't use showers. Had a little trouble with the lights over the sink. Didn't work all the time. I will stay again for one night but I hope the clean the outside up. Based on looks of outside area and shady people hanging in parking lot, not sure I'd recommend to a friend though.

Had to wait to check in as well, the front door of office locked with note said be back in ten minutes, waited well over before anyone came back.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for you response. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. I will discuss your observations with the staff. I do hope you will try us again. Again, Tthank you for your comments.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Newly renovated rooms, comfortable beds. Pet friendly is a huge plus. The only problem was that the floor was dirty. Our feet turned black after showering and walking on the floor. It was obvious it had not been mopped in a while. Convenient location. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank gabygoo
Mark P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds-Casino, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Thank you for your comments. I will pass these along to the staff. I am happy you like our location and look forward to seeing you again. Again thank you for your comments.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

We stayed on an over night trip to Tue Hard Rock Casino. We chose the hotel cause it is only a half mile from there. Our room had a bad odor when we checked inn and it smelt like mold or mildew. The bathroom had black stuff and hair in it. Our TV screen was cracked and had a little hole in it so you couldn't really watch TV. The air conditioner was very loud when it ran and did not cool very well. When we woke up the next morning we were really sick and I think it was from the mold or mildew in the room or coming from the air conditioner. I will not be back here. It is in a shady area of Tampa and you have people walking around the parking lot all day and night.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry your stay was not up to your expectations. I will pass this along to the staff to correct these issues. I do hope you will give us a try again. And thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Clean,staff awesome, pet friendly....great price and good location...felt very comfortable! I would stay here again. The bed were very nice, good shower pressure ...................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Kimlah C
Mark P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds-Casino, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Thank you very much for your comments. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
Yes we do have an awesome staff as well as a great location and rates. We always appreciate guest comments and I hope we will see you again soon. Thank you again.