“Pleasantly surprised!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #112 of 161 Hotels in Tampa
Spring Hill, Florida
“Pleasantly surprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We always stay in the area when we go to concerts and have avoided this property because it was always run down and the beds were hard as rocks. While visiting a friend who was staying there I got to see the updated rooms and sit on a bed that was actually comfortable. We decided to stay there in the superior king and it was a decent stay. The staff was friendly at check in and we like being able to walk to Wing House to eat and walk to the Amp. Kudos on the new room design and upgrades. The only thing I would suggest is better towels, as they are very thin and small.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Mark P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you very much for your comments, these are always welcome from our guest. And thank you for trying us again. I am pleased you liked our new rooms and yes very convenient to the concerts. Hope to see you again for the next concert.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

We walked to the Springsteen concert and next door to restaurant for food and libation. No swimming pool but very clean, quiet location despite being right off highway (easy off/on-I-4 and 301). Front desk staff very pleasant and accomodating. Dogs are welcome (although I left mine at home). Manager Mark very welcoming and interesting. Even a gas station next door. I appreciated that the room had a/c on when we arrived (had made reservations weeks earlier). Thank you. I would highly recommend and would definitely stay again next time I'm up in Tampa area.

Room Tip: We had a room in the back facing a greenway--very quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Mark P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you for your comments. So glad your walk to the venue worked out so well. My understanding is the concert was fantastic. Many guest walked from here and everyone I talked to had a great time. Thank you again and will see you at the next concert.
Winter Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Found this hotel when I came down last year for Sunset Music festival. Was very impressed by how big the room was. Ad the hardwood floor was different but a very nice touch. It was right off the highway and right next to a wing house. Everything about the stay was lovely and I would recommend it to anyone !

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Mark P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you for your comments. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guest. I see you enjoy our location as well as our new rooms. Being across the street from the Amphitheatre is a plus. Hope to see you soon for this years concert lineup. Thank you again.
BERGEN COUNTY,N.J.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stayed here one night last month when traveling late from Miami.Everything was fine,clean room,safe location,excellent rate and especially good for the road traveler who primarily is using room just to sleep.I would surely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Lower Floor easier to navigate
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChALUTCH
Mark P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for your comments. I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon. We do have a great location for traveling through the area or spending time in Tampa. Again thank you and I hope to see you again.
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel a number of times and mostly because I like it's location. Close to everything I need though if you want to have more dining options you would need to drive for good 15 minutes. Price is also right. However major drawback for me is that any room I stayed in smelled like cigaret or/and mold. I also find that this place has some housekeeping issues. It doesn't seem to me that vacuum cleaner is being used at all and they just swipe the floors with a broom. One time I've had cigaret ashes laying by the bedside and other times food crumbs, pet hair etc. under the bed looked even worst. Every time I stay there I come across the same problem and little or nothing changes even after notifying the front desk about it.

Stayed February 2014
Mark P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you for your comments. I will make sure I pass this along to the staff. I am sorry you had experienced this at our property. We will try our best to meet your expectations on your next visit.
Thank you again and hope to see you soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel more times than I can remember! Whenever there's a show at the State Fairgrounds, or I want to hit up the Hard Rock for some gambling, I always stay here! After they redid the place, it looks even better! Great location (walking distance to the fairgrounds), friendly staff, good quality rooms and awesome rates! I will keep coming back here every time I go to Tampa, and I recommend anyone going there to check it out!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the ground level if possible, simply because it is more convenient. Second floor r...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Mark P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for your comments. It is always welcome to hear from our guest. I am glad you enjoy our location across the street from the Fairgrounds and that you can enjoy this at a great rate.
Thanks again and hope to see you for the next show across the street.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

My brother and I stayed at the Red Roof in because we wanted to go the Hard Rock Casino. I think it was a great alternative to paying high lodging prices at the Hard Rock. The front desk was friendly and the room was clean. Keep in mind that the rooms have double beds and not queen beds and there are not rollaway beds. The Hard Rock is about 5 minutes away, so a taxi cab is like $10.00.

Room Tip: Choose a room that is not facing I-4
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your comments. They are always welcome. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and hope you had luck at the casino:) Hope to see you again soon.