“Good place to stay if you are visiting the casino..” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Join RediCard-Free Nights
Ranked #112 of 161 Hotels in Tampa
Jacksonville, Florida
“Good place to stay if you are visiting the casino..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Nothing fancy from outside but clean and pretty modern rooms with super comfortable beds. Just 5 min from the Hard Rock casino and around half an hour from the Clearwater and St Pete beaches. Excellent customer service.

Room Tip: Walk-in rates with coupons may be quite cheaper.Though you have to take the probable but low risk of...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I recently stayed at the Red Roof Inn at Tampa Fair Grounds, the associate "Olga" was great, she made sure my room was clean and I had the best rate possible. I would recommend this hotel to all my family and friends. In addition, the location was perfect; the hotel was right off I4 and was surrounded by many restaurants.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Flower Mound, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Everytime we come to the Red Roof Inn at the fairgrounds it is always excellent customer service. They always have a smile on their faces and greet us with care. We stop here every other week and they know us by name, it is always a pleasure to keep coming back!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Gulfport, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

The Red Roof was a great value, very clean, friendly, and close to the 1-800-ASK-GARY Ampitheatre. We walked to and from the concert from the hotel (it was like playing frogger across US 301). There is a Wing House right behind the hotel which is very convenient! The staff was friendly and the room was clean and efficient. We will definitely be staying there again when we attend another concert in Tampa.

Room Tip: The standard room doesn't include a coffee maker or anything-- make sure you check the amenities...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Heidi B
i0092, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to tell of your experience at my hotel. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I am happy to announce that over the next several months we will be undergoing an upgrade to the hotel so the next time you come to visit we will be brighter and fresher.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back for your next concert.
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I was just looking for a clean, safe place to stay for one night. The are felt sketchy in general, but for one night I could deal with that. The room was not clean, though, and that was something I would not deal with again. I was going to sit at the desk chair and noticed something smeared on it. I got a washcloth to wipe it off and when I went to the sink to wet it, there was some sort of dried food (I hope it was dried food) on the faucet. These were things that were not stained or in need of update, but just plain dirty. Add to that the holes in one of the bedspreads and the musty smell in the room and you can imagine the overall picture. I would not stay here again. Had it not been late and I not been in an unfamiliar area, I would have left, but I felt stuck. I could not wait to leave. I was in Florida for 11 days and stayed in 6 different budget hotels--this was the only one I found any fault with.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank rkutchuk
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

came to tampa for work needed a reasonable price.i have stayed at a few hotels for a lower price but none of them were as clean as this one. i have to say olga was a very very nice woman and i will be definitly comming back next month to stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank shane h
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

Olga at the front desk made my stay so much better!! TY!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends