“be careful, let them know about problems-tried to charge me $200.00”

Vista Inn & Suites Tampa
Ranked #128 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed March 22, 2013

spent an uneventful night, I knew it wasn't the Ritz. Saw a hole in the wall and ignored like I ignored the filthy carpet, drapes, inside out sheets on the bed, etc...3 days later checking my online checking account, 200.00 was taken out. I called at the manager he accused me of putting a hole in the wall. We argued and told me he was going to send me pics. I called back and he said since the hole was so small and easy to repair, he decided to return my 200.00.

Lesson learned.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank kerry g
Matt S, General Manager at Vista Inn & Suites Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2017

Thank you for providing feedback on our hotel. I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations. We work extremely hard to provide excellent service and a great product to our guests. I sincerely apologize for your experience and I hope you will give us another opportunity to show you a better version of our hospitality in the future.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

For the new year we wanted to mix it up and celebrate some where else! So we found our selves in Tampa. We decided we'd go to Skippers and stay at their recommended hotel Vista Inn & suites. The first thing I see is a crowded lobby room with one little man working. He was bewildered and complained about how he hasnt even been able to eat lunch yet. Once we got the key we headed towards the room. We are then welcomed by a group of rednecks having a pool side argument. Then we try getting into the room and the door is jammed shut!! We then had to walk all the way back to the crowded lobby & get a new room. Finally we get in so we can start getting ready for the night. We then realize there is not one towel in the room! Soooo we walked to the lobby again to get some & guess what?!?!? They give me a tiny little wash cloth and say that it is all they have. Disappointing!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank thecatwhotravels
Matt S, Manager at Vista Inn & Suites Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2017

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Friendly though not sophistacated staff,Good comfortablerooms with beautifull courtyard.
Very close to place of business and easy to get to interstate .
rooms were clean though they could use some sophisticated decore.
Beds were comfortable and free internet wireless which works good
It has small meeting facility at reasonable price for family functions etc.

Room Tip: call direct to get good rate
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for providing feedback on our location. I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to your next stay with us! Again, thank you for your kind word.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

As a traveling musician, my new motel ritual these days includes checking for bed bugs before even bringing my suitcase in the door. I checked my bed in Tampa after driving all day and not having much time before the gig and found a nice colony of bed bugs. I took them in a cup to the manager and he gave me a new room only to find the plumbing was backed up. The plumber and myself unclogged the previous mess and I had an hour to get ready for the gig. I checked under the new room mattress and found a dime bag of dope, which I left. Don't think I can recommend this hotel to anyone. Sorry.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank David O

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I knew the quality of this place was going to be low based on pictures on their own website but we just needed a cheap place to spend one night while visiting Tampa for a wedding. The man at the front desk was very nice but the lobby looked very old and run down and the other guests checking in seemed shady. Our room was pretty awful, first the door wouldn't open and it took us several tries and a lot of shoving to get it to open (or close). The room seemed clean at first but closer inspection revealed a filthy chair, hairs in the tub, dirt on the pillow cases and fuzz on the sheets. There were giant cracks in the ceiling, the light fixtures either had no coverings, dead light bulbs or both. There were dozens of tiny ants crawling around the sink, some sort of flying bug in one of the towels and during his shower my husband yelled about a bug in there. The walls are paper thin and at 2:30 in the night the next door guest woke us up by yelling briefly. Loud guests walking past the windows sounded like they were right in the room with us. The pillows were crappy and thin. The positives were it didn't smell bad, the air conditioner worked, no one broke in the room, we didn't get bed bugs, and the person I called there after leaving was very nice about (supposedly) checking the room to look for an item we thought we might have left there. I have learned my lesson and from now on will be paying much more than $44 a night for the comfort of a clean hotel that I actually feel safe in.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Katandia

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I was pleased with the cleanliness of the room. Didnt have that typical musty hotel smell. Sheets were good. Staff was very friendly. Only issue I had was the door locking mechanism wasn't working properly but the staff was very accommodating.

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed at Vista Inn because we wanted to be close to USF for an event and other places were booked. Location-wise, we were pretty close - about 15 minutes away. On the plus side, the room was large and clean, the bed comfortable. Conveniently, there is an IHOP right across the parking lot. Refrigerator and microwave in the room. We used the refrigerator and were glad it was there. On the downside, the motel shows signs of age. Nothing worth calling the front desk about but the TV remote did not work, the smoke detector was hanging off the wall and I had to repair a light socket to get the light to come on. There were ants on the bathroom sink. We didn't need the AC, but it would have been noisy in the night if we had. In the future I'd prefer to be closer to USF but if chance took us here, unlike some other reviewers, we'd stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple