“Average Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)

Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)
Ranked #31 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Average Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

This is typical of what you get at a Hampton Inn, a clean bed and shower. I found the staff to be very helpful. The location isn't great because you are right off the toll road. There are no booths so if you stay at this location make sure and have lots of change to get on and off the tollroad.

There are several fast food restaurants and a large movie theater nearby to give you things to do at nighttime.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Hogsraz
Deidre F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for staying with us on your recent business trip. I understand your comments regarding the toll plaza and can tell you that the department of transportation is working on converting all of those stations to a totally cashless system; plus they've actually lowered some of the toll rates during the process. So it is a work in progress that will hopefully solve the need for coins very soon. I'm glad that you found some of our local restaurants and our front office team was helpful. Please join us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Louisville, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The front desk was not as helpful when it came to amenities that were present one day were not the next. When ask about the issue the answer was abrupt and final. Other than the incident at the front desk all else was good. Just stay away from the front desk when you want to use the shuttle.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Deidre F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this review, July 25, 2014
I am so sorry to hear that your experience with our front desk and shuttle were not as you expected. Our shuttle service is complimentary for all guests and is provided based upon pre-scheduled arrangements. It appears that we did not communicate to you the need to let us know in advance of your shuttle needs and this resulted in an inconvenience for you. I am addressing this with the whole front desk team so that our future visitors are advised properly. Thank you for alerting us to this issue.
tallahassee, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Room had a bad smell - mildew/dampness. Had to request a different room. It seemed as if several floors/areas had this problem. The staff was wonderful, but the hotel needs to do some maintenance regarding this issue.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Deidre F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this review, July 21, 2014
I am so sorry that your stay at our hotel did not meet your expectations. Our housekeeping and maintenance teams are both checking on the smell issue that you reported to the front desk. Thank you so much for letting us know about that so we can investigate; it is feedback from our guests that helps us to improve. I hope you'll give us another try the next time you are in Tampa.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

What's great about Hamptons is their 100% satisfaction guarantee and the hot breakfast. This one more than goes above and beyond the brand standards. I mentioned that I needed a small issue fixed and they volunteered one night off, without my knowing until I got the final bill over a week later. Breakfast is hot & fresh and consistently attended to with a clean dining area attached. Staff on all shifts incredibly friendly and helpful. Laundry on-site and staff is happy to make change. Also small store with some treats and conveniences open 24 hours.
Pet friendly: this was great. I brought my senile dog and even when she peed in the elevator, (more than once, to more than one staff member) - so embarrassing! - they wouldnt even let me clean up after her. I'd ask for the supplies to do it myself and they would just do it, refusing to hand over the supplies. I'm still mortified that they cleaned up after my dog.. but my point is they really go above & beyond - all of them. Several FD employees were incredibly friendly, chatting me up over the course of my stay.
Dog fee was supposed to be $25/day so I expected another couple hundred on my bill... they ended up loving her (despite her antics) and waiving it.
I saved over $300 just as a result of their courtesy and kindness - a nice surprise upon checkout after a very nice stay.
Recommend, whole-heartedly. Good location too, plenty of food and shopping options nearby. Convenient to the fairgrounds as well as to the zoo and downtown areas. Perfection all around!

Room Tip: Nothing spectacular view-wise. Small building, all rooms are pretty convenient. Parking on all sides...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for recognizing our team's efforts during your stay. Every one of them cares very much about our guests and I will be sure to let them know that their efforts mattered to you. I hope you'll stay with us again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The three night stay was excellent. Check-in & check-out a breeze. The staff was always helpful with recommendations for dining & routes. It was our first stay in Tampa. Nola the lady who prepared breakfast was a credit to the hotel. She was not only prepared at 06:00 but pleasant and smiling, with a smile each morning.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am so glad that our team made your stay with us enjoyable. Everyone here knows that there is always something that can be done to improve, so as you saw, the work never stops. We just want everyone to be comfortable and happy. I am glad your traveling companion was able to stay with you and I hope you'll keep us in mind for future travel. We'd love to see you again!
Navarre, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

This hotel was located right between my office and Macdill and provided numerous restaurant choices nearby with easy access. Great price and amenities including pool and fitness center that I really enjoyed. The staff was welcoming and very friendly, I would highly recommend and will stay again when in town.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Deidre F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for much for taking time to let people know about your experience with us. We do have a pretty friendly team and it's nice to hear it from our guests. I am also glad you were able to squeeze in time to enjoy our amenities as well as some local activities and restaurants. My personal favorite area restaurant is Boston's and if you are a dessert lover, I highly recommend their warm Boston cream pie the next time you visit. And I hope that will be soon. We appreciate your business!
Rawlings, Va., United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I checked th are for hotels and of course I was only checking Hiolton Properties because I love all the expertise of the staff and Hilton properties and I would not stay at any other hotel unless Hilton was not there and it was an emergency. I would drive additional miles just to stay at a Hilton hotel. Thansk!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Deidre F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Wow! We really appreciate your loyalty and I hope you're taking advantage of the Hilton Honors program to build points for another stay with us in the future. Thank you so much for your business and kind words. And please come back again soon.