Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)
$149
$209
$199
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
$159
$178
$136
$85
$72
$142
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanwould stay here againcomplimentary breakfastthe breakfast areawould recommend this hotel to anyoneshuttle serviceexcellent stayoatmealhotel staffbusiness tripcruise portconvenient locationfree shuttleinnsexpresswaycleanliness
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We stayed here before a morning flight. It is very convenient to the airport. If the planes are departing to the north, there is some noise but it didn't bother us. The front desk staff were helpful during our stay. The room was clean and the usual. One of two telephones didn't work, the one on the desk. After two trips by the maintenance man, we told him to quit trying as the one beside the bed worked.
There a few places to eat within driving distance. The only one withing walking distance was an Arbys.
Breakfast was the usual premade omelettes, oatmeal, sausage and waffles and the usual array of cold items. The hostess did a good job of keeping everything clean, fresh and supplied.
There was a computer and printer in the lobby for guest use.
We would stay here again as it was clean and very convenient to airport.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Stephanie X, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2017

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. We are very proud of our staff, and are encouraged by your comments. Customer service has always played an important role at our property, and I am glad that you are reporting that we are still paying attention!
In this competitive market, we want you to know that we really appreciate your business, and that we will continue to go above and beyond for our guests!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

This hotel was very clean with excellent service and staff. it is very close to the airport with shuttle service provided for whatever time you need it. another plus is that they also provide complimentary breakfast. would stay here again when flying out of Tampa.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Arrived at the hotel around 8pm and knew right away this was not going to be an easy check-in experience. Front desk person sighed several times before we even said anything. When asked if there are any problems, she responded that the hotel was over booked. My colleague and I explained we had booked through Orbitz, our company's preferred booking site, we had confirmed reservations for 2 rooms with a King size bed. The front desk person asked if my colleague and I knew each other well. It took me a second to realize she wanted my colleague, who I had just met the day before to share a room. My colleague answered no, we needed the two rooms. She put me in a room next to the lobby. Only the a/c worked, no heat, and limited TV (only 15 stations, no normal stations like ABC, CBS,NBC). Neighbor next door was on speaker phone at 1am, loud even with ear plugs. Tried calling the front desk to ask for assistance but no answer. I could hear the phone ring and ring at the front desk since the walls are so thin. Next morning, I was told to come back in the afternoon to switch rooms. In between meetings, I did go back to pack and switch rooms around 2pm. While the room on the 4th floor was much better, I had inadvertently left my coat on the hook of the bathroom door. Came back to the hotel at 6pm, the coat was no where to be found. I know this because the front desk person looked in the room, now occupied by another guest! Really disappointing! Not only is the customer service poor, my expensive new coat was taken. Beware, your reservation may mean nothing if they overbook and your personal items are at risk.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Deidre F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your recent stay. Our goal is to ensure that we meet all of our guest needs. I can assure you that we will address your issues and hold all team members accountable. I hope that you will give us a chance to make this up to you.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Great hotel for pre-cruise out of Port of Tampa. Free airport shuttle, also free within 5 mile radius shuttle, which was not advertised. The 5 miles includes a Walmart, Walgreens, and Publix for those soft drinks to take on the cruise. Breakfast was not as full as some Hampton Inn locations, but sufficient.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I like Hamptons. They are one of my first choices when traveling on business. There is usually one close to where I need to be, when I arrive at my destination. This one in Tampa started off great. After a fast, friendly and efficient check in I headed for my room.

Entering to room was as usual, bright, cheery, and most importantly, clean. Perfect. Or was it?

Along with my keys I was handed a piece of paper. The paper was an apologetic notice stating that there was to be some renovation work the next day. Between 10:00 AM an 2:00 PM the hotel's water would be shut off. Interestingly, I was at this hotel for a conference which would be in progress during that time. I knew the person who set it up was not aware of this. How can you support a large meeting with no functioning toilets or wash water. Plus, as a guest, when I made my reservation, no one advised me of the renovations. The person who set up the meeting would be there soon and he would have to deal with it.

I sat at the desk and plugged in my laptop. I realized I had nothing from the front desk regarding the wireless password. I picked up the phone and pressed "O" to speak with the front desk. I had a dial tone but the it seemed the keypad did not work at all. So, I used my cell phone to dial the main number of the hotel to speak to the front desk. I got my info and they said they would have the phone fixed.

This was also the first room I was ever in that did not have a clock. Since I stupidly forgot take my watch before leaving for the airport that morning, I went to Target and got a cheap, large-face watch. It doubled as my room clock and alarm.

Tampa in the winter has not been good this year. It was 39 when I awoke in the morning and maybe 50 in my room. And of course, only the AC worked. The heat blew cold outside air.

There was a knock on my door and a guy was standing there not saying anything. I said, "Phone guy?" and he nodded and walked in. I explained to him the problem and he went to the phone pressed buttons for about a minute. I asked if it working and discovered he did not understand English. He left and I don't know if he came back later or not. I no longer intended to use the room phone.

The hotel worked out the problem with the meeting planner and assured him the would be water. And there was. So, you could flush and wash you hands with water only. There was no soap in the dispenser. Can't win 'em all, I guess.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business