Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)
Ranked #44 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Relaxing and carefree accommodation in a convenient location. Good value. Friendly courteous staff. Nice quiet room with good entertainment options. If we need to stay in a centrally located city area, we will certainly select this hotel again. The carpeting and decorum could stand updating but were acceptable for the price we paid.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Alondonorosario, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your great stay. We are working on updating our rooms in the near future but we pride ourselves in providing great service.

I hope you that if you are in the area again you will stay with us.

Regards,

Adrianan Londono-Rosario

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I want to congratulate your great team, for the great hospitality, excellence service, excellence attitude and always available and happy to help the customers, !!!!. The great team are: Chris, Betty, Phil and Michelle...... and the breakfast team !! Hi guys, congrat !!!!!!!!!!!

Maria Vaccarella

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Alondonorosario, Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear Ms. Vacarella

Thank you for choosing us as your home away from home.

I will make sure my staff knows of your comments and I look forward to meeting you.

Regards,

Adriana Londono-Rosario

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Broken shower that burned our child. Maintenance confirmed they knew and allowed guest to stay in the room. AC did not work and pool was a mess with handing pool light and exposed wires. The food was OK but we have had much better at other Hampton Inn stay. We will always stay at Hampton Inn but may never return to this one.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2013

While the lobby has been remodeled, the rest of the hotel is pretty much an average older Hampton Inn. My room was clean and the front desk lead was helpful and apologetic for the wait to check in. Decent sized fitness center and they do have a pool for the kids. OK location and a pretty quick drive to the airport. I would stay here again if I had business in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Everyone at this facility was very professional...We enjoyed the two nights spent here. Chris, the acting manager and his staff were excellent. On our way down to Florida we had encountered a couple of problems with Hampton Inns between Macon and Valdosta, GA. This stay definitely redeemed Hampton from our previous bad on the road experience...IBA and SSN

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is definitely an older hampton property, the bathrooms were pretty outdated but everything was functional. When I arrived the front desk clerk was pretty ambivalent to me, didn't have the friendliest of attitudes but my check-in was quick. The bed was comfortable as expected and the carpet in the room seemed newer, but I would say that other areas of the room are probably in need of an update. It would be nice if they had a mini-fridge and/or microwave too. I specifically asked for a first floor room close to an exit, which they did accommodate. However, if you are looking for a quiet room do not stay near the elevator. I was not bothered by the noise, but you can definitely hear a lot of airplane noise and elevator noise. Not the worst stay I've had, but probably wouldn't go out of my way to stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2013

5:00 on a Tuesday night when most poeople are checking in afer a long day. The front desk clerk was no where to be found. Even after yelling "hello, is anyone here" for about 3 minutes the clerk appeared from somewhere other than behind the front desk humming away like she was just hanging out on a Sunday afternoon. Bathroom fixtures horrible. Bathtub dripped so loud I had to shut the bathroom door to get any sleep. No fridge in room. Come on Hampton Inn, this is Florida. Ice melts in minutes. Upon check out it took another Clerk over 5 minutes to get me 5 singles when I wanted some change. No sense of urgency at this hotel. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Travelers also viewed these Tampa hotels
Comfort Suites Tampa Airport North
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Veteran's Expressway
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa Airport North
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Central
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa Airport Avion Park Westshore
Hampton Inn Tampa / Rocky Point - Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)

Address: 5628 W Waters Ave, Tampa, FL 33634-1213
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#12 Family Hotel in Tampa
#19 Business Hotel in Tampa
#26 Romantic Hotel in Tampa
Price Range: $95 - $193 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North) 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Reservation Counter, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expressway/Waters Avenue Hotel Tampa