“Some Disappointments”

Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)
Ranked #53 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I usually stay at Hampton Inns when I travel for overnight softball trips. The hotel was about a 12-15 minute ride from the Ed Radice Softball Complex, so in that way it was fairly convenient. It was also close to some nearby restaurants (1.5 miles) like the Green Iguana and Logan's Roadhouse. The beds, as usual, were certainly comfortable, and although it was near the airport, I rarely heard planes taking off or landing. The first day we left the hotel at 7:30 and told the front desk that the hot water in the bathtub was leaking pretty badly, and since it was hot water, it was costing them some money. Even when we left two days later, the leak still wasn't fixed, even though I reminded them twice more. As I said, the first day we left at 7:30, and when we got back around 1:00 p.m., the room still wasn't serviced, which I thought was pretty unusual since they didn't appear to be very busy at all. The second night we returned, and there was water all over the lobby area by the coffee station, and one of the employees said that ever since they removed the carpet and replaced it with tile, they've had problems with leaks around the baseboard. Towels were placed in several places to soak up the water, so obviously my bathtub wasn't the only place that leaked. My stay was not unsatisfactory, but it wasn't a "typical" Hampton stay. It doesn't seem to be a very busy place, so you shouldn't have any problem with getting a room ($89.00 for the King study: Senior rate).

Room Tip: Even though this place is considered "Airport" -- I wasn't bothered by airport noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 1, 2013

It was a very pleasant and overall good business over night business trip , the staff was very accommodating Michelle from the front desk even call a pizza for us as it was past 10:30 pm and we need it to keep working , the rooms in great condition and very friendly at the breakfast area ... good job

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I usually love Hampton Inn, but I was very disappointed in this one. The staff was great, but the facilities were in dire need of deep cleaning and upgrading. By far, not your typical Hampton Inn. This appears to be an older place bought out by Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is a great hotel and was worth the money. It was very close to the airport and stadium. My husband thoroughly enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. He got to make his own waffles which he enjoys greatly. I thought the bed was extremely comfortable and had a wonderful sleep. I had stayed at this hotel in 2012 as well and had a good stay at that time too.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Best quality of the place is a very friendly and helpful staff. From arrival to departure, they went out of their way to make my stay pleasant.

Location isn't the best as it is off a toll road, but readily accessible to major streets in Tampa. Complimentary breakfast is okay. Weather was a bit cool that weekend so I didn't get a chance to try the pool.

Will definitely consider for future trips to Tampa.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We are consistenly pleased with our stays at Hampton Inns across the country. It is definitely our hotel of choice. Hamptons have a great value for the cost. We would reccommend Hampton Inns for our family and friends.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Great place near airport. Don't hear planes or traffic noises. Pool clean with handicap accessible chair. Breakfast bar well stocked. Nice lobby with energizing colors and inviting seating areas. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
Travelers also viewed these Tampa hotels
Comfort Suites Tampa Airport North
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa Airport North
2 mi away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Central
Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa Airport Avion Park Westshore
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore

Been to Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)

Address: 5628 W Waters Ave, Tampa, FL 33634-1213
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#12 Family Hotel in Tampa
#19 Business Hotel in Tampa
#26 Romantic Hotel in Tampa
Price Range: $115 - $221 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North) 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expressway/Waters Avenue Hotel Tampa