WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“My recent visit at the Hampton Inn - Veterans Expwy - Wates Avenue” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)

Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)
Ranked #37 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Atlanta, Georgia
“My recent visit at the Hampton Inn - Veterans Expwy - Wates Avenue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

I travel to Tampa often because my Corporate Office is there. There are multiple hotels in the area to choos from but I have found the staff to go above and beyond to be helpful to the business traveler. I expecially want to give a "shout out" for Michelle H. who was extremely helpful and courteous to me.
Traveling is rough - exhausting and can be even worse if he hotel staff is not nice, pleasant and corteous. I know many guests are demanding and not grateful when a the hotel staff goes out of their way.
WE ALL NEED TO THANK THE STAFF AT THIS HOTEL because they make a business traveler feel welcome and appreciated - thank you Michelle H. and others on the team. JS out of Atlanta

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

I arranged for a group staying at this hotel on Christmas week of 2012. Jocie Rivera and Alishia Humphery worked very hard and patient to communicate with me and very good at follow ups.
We will defiantly will stay with Hampton Inns in the future!

Aroma

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Helpful and polite staff. Breakfast was better than most. Clean, quiet. Shuttle service was very handy: took us to Target for shopping and later to dinner and back. Staff was very nice during check in and the next morning when members of our party spilled coffee in the dining room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Cairo, Egypt
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

This hotel is very calm, and you can relax for sure there.
Pros: Nice & Clean room. Free parking. Nice staff. Good value for money. In middle between the two big malls in Tampa. Free coffee all day (the I like very much)
Cons: Very poor breakfast (may be due to it is free ??). No help for your luggage, you need to take them on and off and enter your room yourself, and so on. So, if you have some heavy bags, be prepared.
Overall, I liked it and may go there again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
syechan, Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this review, March 1, 2013
It so nice to hear you had an enjoyable and relaxing stay with us. I'm sorry to hear breakfast was not all you had hoped it would be and that we missed the opportunity to help you with your luggage. We hope we have another chance to show you our true hospitality.

Kind regards,
Lisa Browning
Fontana, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn due to an early flight departure, and it was close to the Tampa Bay Airport. I was greeted when I came in, and as I needed to return a rental car, the staff was very accomodating in getting a shuttle to pick me up. The room was clean, and comfortable and quiet, I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Allentown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Ice machine on floor didn't work, outside door lock broken and could not use key, looked like computer in lobby was fine and just needed a password but during the renovation was told it wasn't connected (?). Could not call the hotel (repeatedly rang and no one answered), if was not prepaid with no refund would have cancelled it before going. Requested a non-smoking and non-pet room (allergies), and had to go through corporate to get the message through to the hotel, which didn't have it anyway and had to show them the corporate email telling them it was reserved as such. I can say breakfast was good, but only second Hampton I have stayed at as a HHonors member that I would not give a decent rating to.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. I always enjoy hearing from our guests-including areas of improvement. I am very sorry to hear that your stay was less than top notch and we're addressing your concerns with our staff. I have also spoken to our front office team about the misunderstanding regarding your room reservation so we can avoid missteps such as this in the future. The next time you have the chance to travel back to the area, I do hope that you will consider being our guest again so we can show you our improvements first-hand.

Kind regards,
Lisa Browning
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

It was a great stay. We arrived in the morning, the front clerk was able to check us in as a complimentary service, so we didnt have to wait around. The room was super clean. Breakfast was good and healthy. I will stay there the next time I go to Tampa

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family