“Great Hotel and Great Value”

Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina
Ranked #18 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 7, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night. We then went onto another city and returned to the Marriott Waterside a few days later. The morning after our first night at the hotel we had some issues with noise. I won't get into the details because when we noted those issues to the front desk manager, they went out of their way to apologize and make things right with us. They graciously took our breakfast room service charge off of our bill, and upon our return a few days later, they upgraded us to a beautiful suite. Your great service begins from the moment you pull in front of the hotel: the valet parking staff is efficient and friendly, the front desk staff is welcoming and efficient, the hotel lobby is elegant and the rooms were very comfortable, clean and fresh. We paid only $135 per night, and in my book that is an excellent value for such a nice hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,918)

Reviewed March 28, 2010

Booked this room with points as we were taking a cruise the following day. We knew it was on one of the channels off the bay but really had no other ideas of what the hotel was like. We were both beyond pleasantly surprised. The lobby is large and inviting with soaring preserved palm trees that stand 25 feet tall. At the rear of the property, large glass windows reveal the water and the marina lined with powerboats. There is ample outdoor seating in various venues, that all have views of the water and boardwalk.

The outdoor areas are well kept and well landscaped and evoke a tropical feel. The room was average in size but spotless and comfortable. We had wonderful views of the waterways. Some rooms have balconies and the outdoor pool is on the the third level.

Within walking distance on the boardwalk is the cruise port that has been built up to be a tourist destination, with attractions (aquarium), many restaurants, eateries, a movie theater and other shops. Service was prompt and friendly and overall we had an excellent experience. I would not hesitate to come back. It was the perfect place to jump start our Caribbean vacation.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2010

I always have a great time when I pick Marriott Hotels. This hotel is no exception. The staff is friendly and the cleanliness is top notched. the only downside to the restaurants (there are three) is that the Cafe is lacking in any charm. The sports bar/restaurant was really the place to be but the service was extremely slow. Outside the back of the hotel is the Riverwalk. It connects the Convention Center to the Channelside (eathing and shopping areas). The weather was beautiful so after sitting through a conference all day it was wonderful to be able to walk the Riverwalk. Outside the front of the hotel is the trolley stop. It seems very handy but with the weather being so perfect I choose to walk.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2010

Awesome location-view from our window was incredible.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for a conference and it was adequate. They did offer me a room on a higher floor when I checked in - I like higher floors - and I ended up on the top floor with a great view. The surrounding area is wonderful. The room was clean and the bathroom was small but adequate.

The front desk is polite but not very friendly. The bell staff was very friendly, as was the valet staff. For the price of the rooms, I wish the wireless internet was free.

I did have room service one evening and the salad and accompanying bread was very good. The conference facilities were large and very nice. The conference food was also pretty good. With better staffing and a more reasonable cost this could be a much better hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2010

The food and service was wonderful. I ate from the cafe, Champions bar and Grille, banquet events for us and had room service. The rooms were clean and had in room coffee and tea. We had adjoining rooms when a unique design. I had the best French Onion Soup I had ever had from room service. The main eatery seemed to be closed for some reason. But I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2010

Hotel has all the elegance at a lower price. Resturants, bar, pool area, etc. ALL first class. Washer/Dryers in hotel are FREE. Great views, great location. Staff is first rate and will go out of there way to accommodate you...so friendly. When in Tampa we will ALWAYS stay here! Thanks Marriott Staff for making our week with you the best!

Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business