3,121 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungeconvention centerchampions sports barjoyce williamsbalcony roomamalie arenawater viewbeautiful hotelthe river walkvalet parkingybor citylobby barcity viewhockey gamebeautiful lobbytrolley stoprooftop pool
Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

Did you know that hotel overbooked? We had confirmed and pre-paid our hotel room but upon checking at this Marriott location we were told that hotel was “unfortunately full” because of construction (?!?!?). Their solution: send us to hotel next door. We had already (pre)payed Marriott Waterside $400 a night (4-night stay so total $1600) but ended up staying at the Embassy Suites hotel next door.

Who can make a scene with young kids around and spoil the family vacation? So we went next door without fuss but highly frustrated.

Once in the room at Embassy, not as nice of a place than Marriott Waterside, I checked their rates on their website for the 4 days we were staying and the total amount for our 4day stays was $850.

I want to know: Who pocketed the difference between what we prepaid and the real cost of the hotel we were put in. They cannot be called comparable by any standards.

I did not want to deal with this kind of annoyance/grievances while I was on a short vacation with my family so I contacted the hotel afterwards and received no resolution...of course no one has any record of what was said etc....

I am SPEECHLESS. We were taken advantage of. How can a reputable business like Marriott treat their customers like this—being polite doesn’t make me stupid.

By the way, Steve NoLastName (Marriott Waterside) should be reviewed by his supervisors. I don’t want to sound paranoid but I can’t help but think that we were treated with some strong biases...I just cannot explain to myself why and how this happened because I don’t know how a pre-paid and confirmed reservation can be suddenly disappear.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank EK47
Reviewed November 16, 2017 via mobile

I️ just didn’t have a good experience at this location.
Hotel is under renovation and they tell you this only the day before you arrive. Fail. I understand it’s something they need to do and I just prefer not to stay in hotels because I’m usually in the room during the day working.

Check in
Woman was friendly. She checked me in and gave me a lot of info.

Room
It was find. A few things were worn and I️ guess that is why they are renovating.

Bed
Regular Marriott bed.

TV
What you see at most Marriott properties where you have ~40 channels.

Bathroom
No problem with hot water in the morning.

Internet
Good speed all visit.

Champions Restaurant
Horrible food. Pretty sure it was microwaved. I️ received wings in about 4 minutes.

Concierge lounge
It was closed. Fail. They did give you a coupon for an appetizer at the bar and you were able to get breakfast at the restaurant in the morning. Still it something they always conveniently forget to tell you.

Housekeeping
They walked into my room early on the day I was supposed to check out. When I opened the door the privacy sign was sitting on the floor because they can’t seem to make one that’ll stay on the doors when they open and close. Obviously it had fallen off in the housekeeping staff just ignored it.

Parking
$28 night

Area
It’s right next to the arena. There were a couple choices in the area that you could probably walk for food.

Everyone was friendly but I was just very aggravated by all the small things at this hotel. Construction noise, housekeeping coming in very early in the morning, close concierge lounge.

Most likely my last trip to this location.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Sabrina B, Front Desk Supervisor at Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2017

Dear Laura,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina with us.

I am very sorry our current appearance was not what you had anticipated. We strive to maintain the highest standards, not only in service, but also with regards to maintaining the overall look and feel of the hotel. Unfortunately, this sometimes requires essential renovations in our guest areas.

As you noticed, we are currently undergoing a major renovation of our rooms. These renovations are to ensure we provide a highly functional space and stylish décor that meet the modern needs of our valued guests, like you. We also apologize about the concierge lounge closure. We are currently working to renovate that space as well. We hope you were able to enjoy the complimentary breakfast and appetizers to make up for it.

Although we fell short of meeting your expectations during your past stay, I hope you will consider Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina on your next visit to Tampa so that we can better deliver upon the guest experience you deserve.

Sabrina Bracken
Front Desk Supervisor
Tampa Marriott Waterside
sabrina.bracken@marriott.com

Reviewed November 15, 2017 via mobile

Hold meetings at this hotel. Nice place to go for seminars. Nice rooms and suites too. Restaurant was also great. For lunch as for breakfast. Well done omelets, fresh pressed orange juice, ... nice place to seat outside for having a drink...

Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2017

I spent four nights here for a convention, The meeting rooms were comfortable and well-maintained. My guest room was spacious, with a balcony with a lovely view of the harbor. The bathroom was well-appointed and equipped. The bed was a bit too hard for my taste, but others might like it.

The staff were wonderfully helpful and friendly and the hotel restaurant Waterside was very good--much better than most hotel restaurants.

Recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a water view.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2017

Very nice Hotel. Extremely good service. Perfect business meeting rooms. Outstanding food, even for the breaks between meetings.
I can find nothing wrong with this place, no room for improvement. All staff was fantastic, even the Valet parking.

Room Tip: Upper level facing the Gulf of Mexico is best.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business