“Excellent customer service” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Wilmington, Delaware
“Excellent customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Waterside July 15-19. Our room was comfortable and the maids supplied us with enough fresh towels to change twice a day. This was helpful since I went swimming. During our stay, I ate at the Grille four of the five mornings we were there. My waitress was Yolanda Rivera. She was excellent! She was prompt and courteous and joyful early in the morning. Yolanda patiently engaged me in conversation seeming genuinely interested in our discussion. She waited on several tables and yet, always came back around to make sure that I had what I needed. If you stay at the Marriot Waterside and eat breakfast at the Grille, make sure to ask for Yolanda. However, I have to add that all the staff at the restaurant with whom I interacted, were very cordial and helpful. During our stay, my husband and I got massages - he's glad I coaxed him into this. My husband loved his massage and with his bad back, he really needed it! I also loved the massage that Melissa gave me. She and I talked about a number of things and she shared some of her interesting experiences as a masseuse. however what I enjoyed most is the manicure and pedicure I had afterward. What fun with Denise! I sat next to a woman who was attending the same convention as my husband and the four of us girls got to talking and sharing and having a great time. Denise did a great job on my hands and feet and I was so glad because I was getting ready for an event that evening. We had a very nice stay and were waited on by many helpful Marriott employees from the valet guys, concierge person who gave me a towel to take on my walk, to the Hertz guy who provided my rent a car. What a beautiful hotel and view - most of all the employees give the Marriott their character.

Room Tip: Our room' s AC was very quiet. We also had. Room on the marina side - beautiful view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank 184Val

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (750)
  • Turkish first
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

This hotel is beautiful with towering palm trees inside the spacious lobby. The customer service is outstanding. From the moment we arrived, we received immediate help from the valet and with our bags. The concierge was helpful in finding local places. We visited the spa while we were there for couple's massages and it was a wonderful experience. The spa is beautiful and relaxing and the masseuses were very, very good. The pool area is spacious with plenty of lounge chairs for guests. Pool towels were plentiful and an attendant checked on us often and even offered us free popsicles. The front desk staff was amazing. Ricardo helped us find a restaurant that serves homestyle cooking and it was the best food we had in Tampa Bay. He made an extra effort to inquire with several employees to find us exactly the kind of food we were looking for. Our room was very well appointed and the beds were comfortable. The hotel even offered an option for scheduling your housekeeping service so you could get your room cleaned at your convenience. Room service was great! The food arrived super fast and was fresh and hot. My only complaint is that the room service dessert menu is not that great...the chocolate cake was very small and not that good. We would definitely stay here again. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: We asked the front desk attendant for a room away from the elevators and ice machines so that we wou...
Green Features: The hotel did not provide recycling containers in the room. I was disappointed in this.
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank SES500
Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We just checked out today after taking our kids to the Tampa Bay Comic Con this weekend. We paid to stay in one of the water view rooms on the 20th floor. The view was beautiful. The guys down at the valet were wonderful and the bellhop even noticed our room refrigerator wasn't working and had a new one delivered. The exceptional customer service stopped there.

The room was a bit dated, and because these rooms are at a higher rate, we were very surprised at how uncomfortable the beds were. There were mattress pads on the bed that made the sheets had to fit/stay, so while I tried to fix the sheets before bed Friday night, the exposed mattress was visibly old. The pillows were so thin, you almost needed to stack 3 of them for a normal sized pillow.

We went to Champion's restaurant for a late dinner Friday night and had the most unhappy waiter. He looked like he wanted to be ANYWHERE, but there. We just chalked it up to him having a bad night. Our 2nd night at Champion's was even worse. The restaurant seemed understaffed even though there was a big convention going on next door. The waiter was just horrible. And he wasn't very concerned that he was failing tremendously. He didn't even finish taking our order before he left the table to take another tables order. When half of our food was brought out, he asked if we needed something else......"yeah, how about taking the rest of our orders." The restaurant seemed so understaffed that after we first discovered he didn't get all our orders, we were unable to find him to let him know and no one came back to our table before the food that was ordered got there. The lack of customer service continued into the next morning with the lady at your Starbucks counter this morning. It was all about staff members who didn't really act like they liked their jobs and wanted to be somewhere else.

The best part of this hotel is definitely the view and close proximity to the convention center. We would definitely try the Embassy Suites next time.

Room Tip: High floor for great views.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Stacey D
Bill H, Resident Manager at Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for your recent posting on TripAdvisor. I would like to apologize for what you experienced and reassure that we will address your concerns. Thank you for the opportunity to improve on the service that we offer.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Just stayed one night for the Tampa Bay Comic Con - wish we had stayed longer. Can't beat the location - right on the Channel and so convenient to the Convention Center and an easy walk to anywhere else downtown so lots of dining opportunities. Several elevators means you don't wait long for one to arrive.The room was clean and very comfortable but best of all there weren't any weird pipe-in-the-wall noises or loud A/C - it was surprisingly quiet. Our 11th floor room had a beautiful view overlooking Seddon Channel toward Harbor Island. The staff we encountered were very professional. We didn't dine in the hotel but we got drinks at the lobby bar & sat in the channel-side patio in the early evening - so nice! I highly recommend this property & plan to stay here again even though we only live 30 minutes away!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ichiban
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Just spend a couple of days at the Tampa Marriott Waterside. I had a room on the 25th floor with a spectacular view of the harbor and river.

All of the staff that I encountered were quite professional and several remembered my name after just one encounter. Perhaps staff is receiving training from the Marriott owned Ritz, the professionalism was that good.

Toiletries are provided by Thann, a Thai company. They're really a pleasure to use and different from the ordinary toiletries we encounter in most chain hotels.

Nice place ! ! !

Room Tip: Ask for a water view on the highest floor possible.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank cbsinfll
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

This was a great hotel that we stayed at in the South Tampa area (very convenient location). The hotel was beautiful when we walked in and were greeted wonderfully. The front desk clerk was super friendly, and was able to give us a room on the concierge floor with a great view. Since we were just staying there for the night (relocating to the area), he even gave us a credit to have a drink at the bar- warm welcome! The breakfast and dessert in the concierge room were delicious and Carl Fuller was a great steward. My family will definitely be staying in the hotel when they come visit! Very clean as well and I am picky!!

Location
1 Thank MHS510
Houma, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

The hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. Jack at the poolside bar was extremely eficient. He managed large crowds, remembered orders, room numbers, and was friendly to talk with. All of the other staff that we encountered were tremendously helpful as well.
I would agree with other reviews that the wifi should be free for hotel guests though!
The hotel was in walking distance to many attractions and across the street from one of the main street car stations.
Thanks for making our vacation experience a pleasant one.

Location