“Thank You .”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Madison, Wisconsin
“Thank You .”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is one of the best managed Marriott hotels , the staff are super helpful . Always have a wonderful time here , last Oct We celebrated our 50th anniversary here , this time it was our birthdays , the whole staff again made us feel welcome , Carl in the concierge really made sure that everyone was well taken care , thanks Carl . We hope see you soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a bay view they seem to be quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (850)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We had a wonderful time at this location. The Concierge Lounge was welcoming and Carl was great! We had trouble with the key card and he was super helpful. He was also great with getting us a cab and helping with luggage.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before and absolutely loved it. The hotel itself is wonderful, the location fantastic, and the rooms decently appointed. If not for the fear my credit card is now comprised I would totally stay here again!

I made a reservation for someone else and sent a credit card authorization into the hotel. I then called the front desk phone number to confirm the fax had been received (as instructed by the form) and spoke to a very helpful young lady who confirmed it was received and even received back my contact phone number and the notes I left on the form (so I truly know the form was received).

Low and behold the person checks in and tells me they asked them for a credit card! So I call the front desk back who says they have no notes that I sent in a form with my credit card information on it and did I know who I spoke to who confirmed it was received (I didn't realize I had to take such good notes!) So now who knows where my credit card information is floating about.

The hotel is wonderful, however this credit card experience has really frustrated me. What is the point of having the form say to call and confirm when they are just going to lose the form after they confirmed it was received. The person has the funds to pay for their room, however that is besides the point.

2 Thank KF-Orlando
Bill H, Resident Manager at Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for your recent posting. I would like to apologize for what you experienced. Please contact me at bill.heitzig@marriott.com so that I can investigate this matter further.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is ok at best. Also, in a time where there are so many choices for a comparable cost, most places should try to maximize the customer experience. We were just cut off at a bottomless brunch by a rude, judgmental server (Albert) for no good reason who was then backed up by an accusatory and belittling manager. I've never been more insulted by a hotel. Spend your money elsewhere. Very bad exhibition for the Marriott brand.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Crispin V
Bill H, Resident Manager at Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at the Tampa Marriott Waterside and for your posting on Trip Advisor. I was disappointed to learn of your experience in our restaurant and extend an apology for any disservice. Your comments have been provided to our food and beverage leadership team for immediate review. Thank you for your business.
Newark
Reviewed March 14, 2014

My husband and I stayed here March 9-13 so he could attend a business show in the Convention Center.
We opted for a water-view room with a balcony instead of the normal convention room and we are so glad we did. The room was awesome with a great view. Everything about this hotel is great except you have to pay $10/day for WiFi which is terrible. I could get on early in the morning but after that, forget it for the room. If you went down to the lobby it worked much better. Don't know why a convention hotel still charges for Internet?
My husband joined me for lunch on 2 days and we ate by the pool bar. The bartender is Jack and he is very friendly and helpful. The food we had was very good and worth the price.
The front desk staff and housekeeping are also very good. We only called once for something but it was brought right up to us.
The only negative thing I could say about the room, other then the WiFi, is there is no fan in the bathroom.
Also there is no refrigerator but you don't get those everywhere anyway.
Just FYI - there is a Publix supermarket about a half-mile away over the Platt St. bridge if you want to get some snacks, wine or beer and don't want to pay the high prices the hotel market charges.
Don't know if we will get back to Tampa but we would definitely stay here again if we do.

Room Tip: Get a water-view room with a balcony on a high floor - it's worth it!
1 Thank retired605
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I've hosted events at this hotel and over the last year, I've stayed here for a total of about 60+ days. I can honestly say that the Concierge Lounge has been amazing to go to each morning and evening. It's nice to see the same people every time I stay. Carl is a perfect example of how he treats his long-time guests. Thank you for making my stays amazing. I will always choose Marriott Waterside Hotel as my first choice each time I return to Tampa!

Room Tip: The Best view is to request a water or pool view!
Marlborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

I have to say the best part of my stay was the service I received from the concierge Carl. I had to ask his last name (Fuller), because he took such great care of me due to my allergies. He made sure I had what food I could eat everyday I was there. Not only did he service me with great care, but everyone that walk through the door. I never had such great service as that in any concierge lounge. So kind, thoughtful an attentive to the guests. Thanks, Maryann room 2709.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business