Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina
$155
$132
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $190/night.

$165
$130
$87
SailportSuites.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $98/night.

$170
$157
$119
$109
$129
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $157/night.

$149
$140
$109
$101
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $112/night.

3,036 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungeconvention centerjoyce williamschampions sports barbalcony roomwater viewamalie arenabeautiful hotelvalet parkingthe river walklobby barybor citycity viewhockey gamerooftop pooltrolley stophigh floor
Reviewed January 22, 2014

The staff here is amazing!!! From Gina helping me checking in to Ana making sure our convention was flowing smoothly, this hotel has been a really nice stay. Courtney managed our convention to the nearest line of perfection possible. She really helped to pull the whole show off with no issues. The serving staff here will absolutely go out of their way to accommodate your needs. One guy totally stood out; I think his name was Dennis? Great server and very outgoing. I had a massage by Natalie this afternoon that was the best I have had in years. The property is beautiful on the inside, and the views from my room made me want to stare out my window for hours! This hotel is in a great location that is very walkable and the proximity to the water is a really nice feature. I will definitely advocate our business having another convention here in the hopefully near future!

Room Tip: Ask for a water view and you won't be disappointed! There are some rooms with balconies that add a nice feature to having a great view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Hotel charged my card for incidentals, with no warning. Next day we changed the card to someone else's and asked to have the charge taken off mine. Each day someone said they would take care of it and no one did. I had to borrow money to eat while I was there and here I am back home 6 days later and I'm still fighting to get my money back. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. The front desk service was horrible for a matter like this.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank lworsnop
Bill H, Resident Manager at Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Thank you for your recent posting. I would like to apologize on behalf of everyone here at the hotel for what you experienced. Please contact me directly at bill.heitzig@marriott.com for assistance with your billing concerns.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

My girlfriend and I just stayed here this past weekend. I originally had us booked at another Marriott resort in Tampa but finally got this property to show up on Marriott.com at the last minute so I re-booked us here. I paid a lot more than I would've but after driving by the other property during our travels in town, I'm glad I did.

We came down for the Billy Joel concert at the Tampa Bay Times Forum. If you're going to the Forum, there's not a better hotel to stay at. It's not even a five minute walk to the arena. I booked us a room overlooking the water, with a preference of a high floor. I realized I booked the room pretty late and since the hotel only came up on Marriott.com two days before the trip, that the chances of getting an ideal room was slim. I thought the hotel would be full because of the concert but it turns out there was a huge convention that, from what I saw, was taking up most of the hotel. We ended up with a room on the 11th floor. Unfortunately, it was on part of the building where there was a wall blocking our view to the west. Management did me a favor though so I can't really complain about the room. The view was still very nice. It was clean and more spacious than I expected. Housekeeping did a great job keeping the room clean while we were there and our housekeeper left a note on the desk welcoming us to the hotel. The air conditioning was really quiet but the room was somewhat warm. We had the thermostat as low as it would go. I don't know if the unit wasn't cooling properly or if that's just the way it is.

The property itself is beautiful. Everything was clean and well maintained. The patio out back is very nice and my girlfriend and I enjoyed an afternoon drink out there. The only parking is from valet. I read before my trip that some of the valet are rude but I didn't have a problem with any of them. The only restaurant we ate at while we were there was Champions. I was actually really impressed with the size of the restaurant and how nice it was. The menu wasn't bad, but like any hotel menu, was a little expensive. I only had two problems while we were there. My girlfriend and I both ordered draft beers. I noticed after the waiter left that draft beers came in two sizes. I said to my girlfriend that the waiter was gonna come back with the larger size and sure enough he did without asking what size beer we wanted. The only other problem was that my Cuban was toasted a little long where it started to get burnt but it was still good. My girlfriend really liked her BBQ pork sandwich.

Having worked at another Marriott resort, I know what customer service standards Marriott holds their employees to and everyone hit the mark that we came across. Check in was quick. My girlfriend was stressing in the elevator and one of the bellman attempted to calm her down and even continued to do so while we were leaving the hotel to go to the concert. The wait staff that we came across was also very friendly.

Room Tip: Any room that ends in 07 overlooking the water has a wall blocking the view to the west.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank skimsoflo1219
Reviewed January 17, 2014

This is our favorite hotel in Tampa. We stay there at least 4 or 5 times a year and it is our spot to celebrate New Year's Eve and Day. The staff is great! Robert Nokley (front office manager) was extremely helpful and went out of his way to ensure we had a lovely room both for our Christmas and New Year's stays. Jack at the poolside bar is always ready with a smile and recognizes us every time. Same for Mort at the lobby bar. They are great and provide excellent service. Carlos is our go-to guy at the valet area. This year he went above and beyond after the back floorboard got soaked and he vacuumed it and made sure it dried out. Brian at the bell desk is extremely helpful and our housekeeper (I believe her name is Norma) took excellent care of our room and made sure everything was perfect.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I was very happy with my stay. Hotel was very clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. I would recommend the hotel and stay again. If you are passing through, be sure to explore the area! it has some fantastic things to offer.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business