“great view in the city”

Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina
Ranked #17 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 15, 2014

had a lovely balcony room on the 5th floor with view of the river and boats and city buildings. Lobby very pretty and beds are cozy. Air conditioning did not work well so sleep was hard. they fixed it right away but the cooling temperture seemed inaccurate. Breakfast was good but expensive. Other meals looked good but also expensive. Trolly runs by the front dooe and the convention center is across the street.

Room Tip: stay on the river side

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Stayed at this property again in Jan. 2014 for the annual music conference at the convention center. My room wasn't quite as nice as it was a year ago, when I was able to secure a room with a balcony, but still a good, basic, clean room that met my expectations for what a Marriott property should be like.

The highest point of this property is the location (right across the street from the convention center, right on the water); the view from my room was A+ again. (I'll post a photo.) The facilities at the hotel are also very nice, with a rooftop pool and hot tub and some fun spaces to hang out for eating/drinking right on the water.

Hazel in the concierge lounge deserves my sincere thanks for helping me with my late-night dessert needs in spite of me coming in just a few minutes before the lounge closed. She had great, can-do, customer-focused attitude and never once pointed out how close my arrival was to closing time. Thanks, Hazel! You rock!

I plan to stay there again for the conference next year, as this is the best place to stay in the convention center area, in my opinion.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

The minute you walk in the lobby, you love the ambiance.
Beautiful decorations during x-mas week.
nice waterside bar and river walk with boats and excellent view. very serene!!
You pay a premium compared to other locations, but well worth the price.
The Valet parking is well worth it and the attendants are very efficient and courteous.

Room Tip: my choice is always high floor and away from the elevators!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I did not stay at the hotel, my daughter participated at an event there but just being in the hotel for a couple of hours was awesome! The staff was super friendly, hotel just beautiful and the views were to die for!

Room Tip: Parking is hard to find, there is a parking lot on Franklin and Bourdain that you pay $2.50 all day...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stay at this hotel periodically and it is always wonderful. It's a huge place with all the facilities you could want. The beautifully appointed and well maintained facility is staffed by the nicest people. Great views of the water from one side of the hotel; very nice restaurants and lots of other things within easy walking or driving distance.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Bill H, Resident Manager at Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank you for your recent posting and for your kind words. We appreciate your continued loyalty to our hotel and look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We were there just after Christmas.

Didn't like: The place was crowded with people coming in for the Outback Bowl. Lobby service from the bar was horrible, seemed like a lot of staff just walking around but no one actually checking on the tables, and not working very efficiently. The executive lounge was closed until Sunday night then it was overcrowded. Breakfast Monday 12/30 in the lounge had one staffer on who had a bit of an attitude with guests and the place wasn't stocked at all. I also found a yogurt that was out of date. Not the kind of experience we have come to expect as frequent Marriott customers.

Did like: Nice hotel, great location - walk across the street to the Times Forum. We saw back to back hockey games and the hotel is perfect for it. Trolley station out front is great, we walked to Ybor City and rode the trolley back. More cities need this! We had a good meal at Champions (loved the Lightning rink setup by the entrance) and a great meal at the Waterside Grill. Yolanda R. was our waitress - very attentive, fun and she handled our requests like a champ. The bloody mary's were excellent and the bacon Yolanda brought us made them perfect. I actually enjoyed the Cuban sandwich at the Waterside more than any other I have had in Florida. Your mileage may vary.

Biggest bonus, the Canadiens were staying at the hotel and our girls met and took photos with half the team and the coaches.

All in all it was a good, safe place to stay with our daughters. Good food choices. Executive floor experience was pretty lacking compared to say Montreal but they were also overflowing with football people. We are definitely coming back for more hockey games and will stay here again.

Room Tip: Waterside rooms had a great view
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent posting on TripAdvisor. I was sorry to learn that we fell short of your expectations at the Lobby Bar and Concierge Lounge. Please know that I have personally shared this feedback with the relevant individuals. Additionally, I want to thank you for your positive remarks regarding the hotel as well thank you for recognizing Yolanda. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We were staying in Tampa for the Outback Bowl, and I had a horrible kink in my neck. Susan in the spa did a fantastic job on a deep tissue massage. Not only did she help relieve my discomfort, but she also gave me information on things I could do to help alleviate the problem in the future.
Tanya in housekeeping also did a great job in making up our room. She worked around our schedule and was very efficient. She also left us notes daily -- that was a personal touch I had never received before!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your recent posting and for personally recognizing Tonya and Susan.