“Great Couple Getaway”

Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina
Ranked #18 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The wife and I enjoyed the support and comfort your hotel and staff had to offer. Each staff member approach to customer service were remarkable. Carl Fuller, Concierge Lounge, took great pride ensuring breakfast was prepared every morning in royalty fashion. We love the way he operates. His contribution to Marriott shouldn't go unnoticed. The entire staff displayed great professionalism and attitude which made our stay every enjoyable. We will definitely visit your hotel again..! Word of mouth; we will share our stay experiences with our family and friends.

Thanks for everything,

Lonnie & Heidrun Quinn

Room Tip: Room 2138 was outstanding. Nice view and very quiet. Bed should be upgraded.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bill H, Resident Manager at Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you for your recent posting and for recommending our hotel. Carl was pleased to see that you recognized him.

There are newer reviews for Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina

Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

My room was nice and clean. I was right next to the elevator which was perfect. I could get to the meeting room in 2 minutes flat! The lighting in the meeting rooms were not that great. But my room was nice and even had a note from the housekeeper letting me know if I need anything to let her know. The waterside grill on the other hand was not so good. The first server said are you ready to order and we said no. Then quite awhile later another server came and got our drink order. Then I think they forgot about us. Finally the server comes back and takes our food order. The jerk chicken salad was fantastic. The service was terrible.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for commenting on the cleanliness of the hotel. I would like to apologize for what you experienced at the Waterside Grill. I have shared your feedback with the Restaurant Leadership Team so that it can be addressed. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve on our services.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I've stayed at this Hotel many times while visiting my daughter at college: University of Tampa....They are always very helpful...Mo at the front desk and everyone he works with couldn't be nicer and more helpful from when I called for a reservation to checking into the Hotel and checking out...
The pool is great and better yet Jack at the pool is amazing....He is always very nice,helpful, attentive and really is very customer oriented to the fullest....I wish that everyone would take a lesson in Customer Service from Jack...
I can't wait to go back and visit my daughter and stay at The Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel and Marina...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your post and for staying with us. Mo and Jack were pleased to see that you personally mentioned them.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I love the breakfast in the Concierge Lounge because everything is fresh, well stocked and I get to experience Carl work his magic. Frequently, there are demanding, impatient guests (they forget this stuff is free, evidently) and Carl has the very best attitude.

Great job, Carl!
Richard Cline

Room Tip: Try to get something that faces East and with a balcony so you can enjoy the sunrise!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent posting. Carl really does work his magic.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Working for the airlines, I have the opportunity to stay at many hotels, including many Marriott brand hotels. This hotel deserves excellent ratings in all of the basic areas that are important to business travelers: the location is great, the room is updated, comfortable and clean (ask for a pool view); the swimming pool is huge, with true lap swimming; a modern, clean gym, and a friendly, knowledgable staff. A shout-out to Kaitlyn in Champs, whose exceptional service and attitude inspired me to write this review!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your positive comments and for giving Kaitlyn a shout out!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We just returned from a stay at the Waterside Hotel and everything about our stay was just perfect! The staff was very friendly and helpful - I left my phone in the car and our bellman offered to handle it. Minutes later our bellman arrived with my phone and waved out my tip for his trouble. The staff was engaging and remembered us. Our room was clean, the room service prompt, we did not have any noise issues and we fell in love with the fantastic waffles that are still calling our name. This was a very convenient place to stay next to the conference center with plenty to do while my spouse attended his conference. Would gladly stay there again!

1  Thank Nancy J

Thank you for your positive comments. We were pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

My room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The restaurants are excellent. Within walking distance to waterfront, convention center, parks and museums. I travel often and this has to be my all time favorite.

Room Tip: I received a senior discount also.
1  Thank Donna C
Bill H, Resident Manager at Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for your positive comments and for indicating that our property is one of your all-time favorites. We look forward to one day serving you again.