WINNER WONDERLAND

Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina
Ranked #17 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Naples, FL
“No Surprises, Solid Marriott”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

This was what a standard Marriott should be clean, efficient with good amenities. Our room on the 26th floor was standard Marriott-small, but not tiny by any means. The bed on the side nearest the bath was somewhat tired and borderline lumpy but comfortable enough for solid night. View on our channel-side room was very nice, towering over everything. Staff at all levels were uniformly friendly and professional. Concierge lounge was more than adequate as the food was good standard Marriott stuff. My internet connect was steady and fast. Again, this was a very fine Marriott property of this level. One minor criticism is that we were obliged to call housekeeping for our robes and there was no amenity or upgrade for this Elite Platinum member. They do not supply slippers.

Room Tip: 01 end-of-the-hall rooms are fine.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ohgeorge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (771)
  • Turkish first
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

This location has a cozy and comfortable feeling about it.We stay at this hotel twice a year and we can expect the same cleanliness and friendly staff at each visit. They are consistent on the way they have treated us and most important to me the overall appearance of the hotel. The housekeeping staff was excellent, Specially the charming young lady Giovanna she cleaned my room everyday and the room smelled good and it was spotless, the valet parking was too expensive for my taste but it was affordable. It was a great experience, I hope to come back next year and for many more years.

Room Tip: I stayed in floor 12, It has a great view.
6 Thank Caright
Tampa, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

This property is super convenient to any downtown Tampa event, walking distance to the Forum and the convention center. Trolly to Ybor city is right across the street. Fantastic helpful staff. Beautiful views of the water (south) and city (north) windows and balconies. Parking is terrible. Pay for the Valet where the waits can be very long, or park in the city garage which will be nearly 20 bucks a day since their clock changes over at 6am for a new day. Carpets need to be updated.

Room Tip: South side rooms have the harbor views.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank tailstrike
Bill H, Resident Manager at Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for your recent feedback and for your kind words about our fantastic staff. I want to reassure you that I have shared your feedback with our valet leadership team. I will be monitoring their staffing levels moving forward. Thank you for the opportunity to improve on our services.
Westford, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

I recently stayed here for three nights at the end of May with my husband and four year old son. Let me first say that I typically don't consider hotels like Marriott when traveling on vacation as I think they are usually better suited for the business traveler. However, this hotel was the nicest hotel in the location I was looking for. Also, my husband has stayed here on business many times and assured me that it was clean and I would happy with it. In any event, I'm glad we chose this hotel. First, the interior of the hotel is updated and modern, and the rooms are clean and newer. The beds have white sheets and white duvets on them which is something I always like. The hotel brought us a rollaway bed for our son, as well as a small refrigerator to our room. I honestly don't recall if there was a charge for the bed, but the fridge was complimentary upon request which was nice. The valet staff, bell men, front desk staff, and restaurant staff were all very pleasant and helpful, throughout our stay. We ate breakfast at the hotel on two mornings and were pleased with the food. One morning we ordered from the breakfast menu, and another morning we tried the breakfast buffet. The buffet had both a waffle station and omelet station. I noticed that they replenished the stationary dishes quite often which was nice. As for the hotel pool, it is a good sized outdoor pool with plenty of chairs. There is a bar area off to the side, and the view of the city is very nice. In the evening, the pool is illuminated. My only gripe with the pool area is that there wasn't enough towels. If I stayed here again, I'd bring my own towel to the pool. There is comfortable seating in the lobby area, as well as a bar area. There is also nice outdoor patio seating in the back of the hotel overlooking the bay and the boats that are docked there. The location of the hotel is probably the best part of this hotel. It is located on the Tampa Riverwalk which is very convenient. Also, there is trolley transportation located right across the street that will take you to many of the attractions in Tampa. We took the trolley to dinner in Ebor City one evening, and it was nice and convenient. If you have children, there is a small park next to the hotel for them. There is also many things within a short distance like Publix (for those of you with children), the Aquarium, Glazer Children's Museum, Ebor City, and many dining options. Overall, I wouldn't say that this hotel caters to families, but I definitely think it's still the best compromise when taking things into consideration like the location. I would definitely stay here again, if I was in Tampa.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Crystal L
Thank you for your recent posting. Everyone was pleased that you and your family enjoyed the hotel. We look forward to your return.
Woodstock, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Easy access to the Convention Center for Business meetings, Tampa Bay Times Forum for athletic events or concerts or other downtown Tampa Locations. Gym is well equiped and lightly used. Easy access to running along Bay Shore in early morning or at end of day. Lobby is spacious and parking is easy. $22 a day valet parking is work it. You can walk a couple of block and park for 1/2 the price, but the convenience and quickness of the service is worth it. Concierge lounge has great views on deck. we were able to watch July 4 Fireworks on Channel side and Wake Boarding Championship at Hotel. Pool has food and many chairs for lounging. There is a Spa available, but have not used it. Room was only average, but it was clean and efficient.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the Channelside if you can.
2 Thank David M
Thank you for your posting on TripAdvisor. We appreciated your positive remarks. We hope to see you again soon.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

While in Tampa this past summer we stayed at this hotel on Marriott Rewards points. It was easy to find, the logo is one of the highest in the air among the downtown hotels and it's conveniently located in downtown on the water near the convention center. We were upgraded to a very nice corner room on the concierge level and enjoyed breakfast in the concierge lounge in the morning. The main reason for the visit while driving across the state was to check out the downtown area for a large city wide conference we are a part of annually. In the morning we walked to each of the major attractions that we would need to access at the conference with the more than 150 company participants attending the convention of several thousand (convention center, performing arts center and several other hotels) and we quickly located and arrived at each location with a short pleasant walk. The hotel was having an issue with a water main repair the morning of check out and we were warned that there would be no running water by a certain time. Nonetheless we were able to shower and depart before we noticed, but it was a bit odd for a full service hotel to cut off the water and yet still be charging regular rates with little more than an apology. The front desk said they would issue me some extra Marriott Rewards points as compensation, I don't remember whether or not they did. We'll definitely return, booked a decent sized group of rooms with them for five nights as a result of this visit.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the high floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Roy F
Thank you for your recent posting. I would like to apologize for the water outage. It was a result of an emergency repair. I was very pleased to see that as a result of your visit you booked a sizeable group. Please contact me at bill.heitzig@marriott.com if I can be of any assistance with your upcoming event.
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had a wonderful stay in Tampa. The location was perfect for walking to catch the streetcar, going out for dinner, shopping and visiting many of the area's attractions. I attended a conference while my husband and children enjoyed onsite amenities and nearby museums. The hotel staff and valet staff was wonderful. We would love to visit again some day!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for commenting on our wonderful staff. We were very pleased that you and your family enjoyed the hotel.