Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore(Tampa)(Great Value!)
$99
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $118/night.

$138
$132
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $182/night.

$165
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
$133
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $157/night.

$139
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $147/night.

$178
$149
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $187/night.

$133
$121
SailportSuites.com
3,090 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungeconvention centerchampions sports barjoyce williamsbalcony roomamalie arenawater viewbeautiful hotelthe river walkvalet parkinglobby barybor citycity viewhockey gamebeautiful lobbyrooftop pooltrolley stop
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I recently stayed here for three nights at the end of May with my husband and four year old son. Let me first say that I typically don't consider hotels like Marriott when traveling on vacation as I think they are usually better suited for the business traveler. However, this hotel was the nicest hotel in the location I was looking for. Also, my husband has stayed here on business many times and assured me that it was clean and I would happy with it. In any event, I'm glad we chose this hotel. First, the interior of the hotel is updated and modern, and the rooms are clean and newer. The beds have white sheets and white duvets on them which is something I always like. The hotel brought us a rollaway bed for our son, as well as a small refrigerator to our room. I honestly don't recall if there was a charge for the bed, but the fridge was complimentary upon request which was nice. The valet staff, bell men, front desk staff, and restaurant staff were all very pleasant and helpful, throughout our stay. We ate breakfast at the hotel on two mornings and were pleased with the food. One morning we ordered from the breakfast menu, and another morning we tried the breakfast buffet. The buffet had both a waffle station and omelet station. I noticed that they replenished the stationary dishes quite often which was nice. As for the hotel pool, it is a good sized outdoor pool with plenty of chairs. There is a bar area off to the side, and the view of the city is very nice. In the evening, the pool is illuminated. My only gripe with the pool area is that there wasn't enough towels. If I stayed here again, I'd bring my own towel to the pool. There is comfortable seating in the lobby area, as well as a bar area. There is also nice outdoor patio seating in the back of the hotel overlooking the bay and the boats that are docked there. The location of the hotel is probably the best part of this hotel. It is located on the Tampa Riverwalk which is very convenient. Also, there is trolley transportation located right across the street that will take you to many of the attractions in Tampa. We took the trolley to dinner in Ebor City one evening, and it was nice and convenient. If you have children, there is a small park next to the hotel for them. There is also many things within a short distance like Publix (for those of you with children), the Aquarium, Glazer Children's Museum, Ebor City, and many dining options. Overall, I wouldn't say that this hotel caters to families, but I definitely think it's still the best compromise when taking things into consideration like the location. I would definitely stay here again, if I was in Tampa.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Crystal L
Bill H, Resident Manager at Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you for your recent posting. Everyone was pleased that you and your family enjoyed the hotel. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Easy access to the Convention Center for Business meetings, Tampa Bay Times Forum for athletic events or concerts or other downtown Tampa Locations. Gym is well equiped and lightly used. Easy access to running along Bay Shore in early morning or at end of day. Lobby is spacious and parking is easy. $22 a day valet parking is work it. You can walk a couple of block and park for 1/2 the price, but the convenience and quickness of the service is worth it. Concierge lounge has great views on deck. we were able to watch July 4 Fireworks on Channel side and Wake Boarding Championship at Hotel. Pool has food and many chairs for lounging. There is a Spa available, but have not used it. Room was only average, but it was clean and efficient.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the Channelside if you can.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank David M

Thank you for your posting on TripAdvisor. We appreciated your positive remarks. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

While in Tampa this past summer we stayed at this hotel on Marriott Rewards points. It was easy to find, the logo is one of the highest in the air among the downtown hotels and it's conveniently located in downtown on the water near the convention center. We were upgraded to a very nice corner room on the concierge level and enjoyed breakfast in the concierge lounge in the morning. The main reason for the visit while driving across the state was to check out the downtown area for a large city wide conference we are a part of annually. In the morning we walked to each of the major attractions that we would need to access at the conference with the more than 150 company participants attending the convention of several thousand (convention center, performing arts center and several other hotels) and we quickly located and arrived at each location with a short pleasant walk. The hotel was having an issue with a water main repair the morning of check out and we were warned that there would be no running water by a certain time. Nonetheless we were able to shower and depart before we noticed, but it was a bit odd for a full service hotel to cut off the water and yet still be charging regular rates with little more than an apology. The front desk said they would issue me some extra Marriott Rewards points as compensation, I don't remember whether or not they did. We'll definitely return, booked a decent sized group of rooms with them for five nights as a result of this visit.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the high floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Roy F

Thank you for your recent posting. I would like to apologize for the water outage. It was a result of an emergency repair. I was very pleased to see that as a result of your visit you booked a sizeable group. Please contact me at bill.heitzig@marriott.com if I can be of any assistance with your upcoming event.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had a wonderful stay in Tampa. The location was perfect for walking to catch the streetcar, going out for dinner, shopping and visiting many of the area's attractions. I attended a conference while my husband and children enjoyed onsite amenities and nearby museums. The hotel staff and valet staff was wonderful. We would love to visit again some day!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for commenting on our wonderful staff. We were very pleased that you and your family enjoyed the hotel.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed here in June because of the close location to the Times Bay Forum - within walking distance. We had a room on the 26th floor with a wonderful view of the Bay. The cleanliness of the room was to a good standard. The main criticism of this hotel was all the charges. $22 for parking the car per night. $10 per day for wifi. $3.50 for a small bottle of water - 60c in Walmart. Overpriced drinks in the bar and food in the restaurant. We could not eat in the restaurant because of the long queues. Free wifi is available at Starbucks across the street. At the end of the stay various taxes were added to our bill which together with the food and drink - 2 drinks and one plate of Nachos - made quite a large amount added to our original cost. We booked a double/twin room as we did not mind which we had only to find we had a 2 bed room and had to pay for the extra bed! We booked through Expedia and I have to admit did not notice the clause regarding taxes being added. We have stayed in many hotels across Florida and have never been charged for parking the car, wifi or had taxes added at the end of our stay. Had we done our sums beforehand we would not have stayed here because 2 nights cost us over £600 - quite a shock. Apart from that a lovely hotel.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Elizabeth_C0rnwall

Thank you for your recent posting stating how clean the hotel was. I would like to apologize for the long lines at the restaurant and let you know that the hotel offers complimentary wifi in the lobby. Additionally, we regularly shop the hotel market in Tampa to ensure our pricing remains competitive. Thank you for your feedback.