3,124 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungeconvention centerchampions sports barjoyce williamsbalcony roomamalie arenawater viewbeautiful hotelthe river walkvalet parkingybor citylobby barcity viewhockey gamebeautiful lobbytrolley stoprooftop pool
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I recently visited for an organization's annual conference and had a super stay. My wife traveled with me and we had a wonderful suite on the 23rd floor facing south. Both views are great as the south looks over the Bay and the north offers great views of Tampa. The hotel itself was great, well located on the waterfront across from the convention center made it easy to access and great for summer evening walks. It is close, walking distance, to several great restaurants as well as a couple in the hotel.

Great pool on the 3 floor with beautiful views of the city. My wife spent time there while I was in meetings and I got to sneak out to visit. Adequate gym next to pool. The lobby is large open area with a bar in the back overlooking the water, great opportunity to mingle an meet.

As for the staff, those at the desk and taking care of the rooms were great. The valet was also very good and had a large number so cars were always ready when you needed. I thought the convention staff were also great. Additionally, the food which can be difficult for large numbers was very good.

We have a mid size convention with 100-125 attendees. The rooms were adequate for us to have expo, luncheon and break out rooms. The elevators were a slight problem before events started, however, outside common events, no problems.

As for the rooms themselves very nice, clean with great views. My wife had a problem with the soft bed and pillows, but I found them to be good. The suite was great to have an additional sitting room and an extra TV. The bathroom had some space inefficiencies but overall It was great.

I would certainly recommend to anyone visiting Tampa. Whether convention or getaway, this was a great place.

1  Thank Grover R
Bill H, Resident Manager at Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for your recent posting on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your positive comments and look forward to your return.

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Great location and amenities at this location. We were disappointed in the unreliability with wifi in the room.
The lobby wifi was fine. I'm glad I wasn't traveling for business.
Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for recent posting and for your comments regarding the friendliness of our staff. I was sorry to hear that the wifi in your room was unreliable. I have shared your feedback with our I.T. team so it can be addressed. Thank you for the opportunity to improve on our service.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed 3 nights while attending a convention. It's a beautiful location on Tampa Bay directly across from the convention center and main TECO Trolley stop. The staff were very attentive, especially the concierge (Robin), who booked a nice variety of dinner reservations for us and arranged to have a fridge brought up to our room. The room's existing fridge/minibar had supposedly been converted to just maintain 50 degrees, but I don't think it did anything and should just be removed or go back to regular fridges in the rooms. Parking is expensive ($22/day) via valet in a secured lot across the street. We just left it there for the duration of our stay. There is a very nice outdoor pool on the 3rd floor. Daily wifi is expensive ($15) but was comp'd as part of our convention registration. My husband slept through the fire alarm Friday night around midnight, which must have been a false alarm, but I wonder how the hotel would have managed an evacuation if it was necessary?

Room Tip: Our room on the 7th floor had a fine view of the Embassy Suites across the street, the TECO Trolley stop, and the Convention Center. I didn't ask what a water view upgrade would have cost.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for recent posting and for your kind words about Robin. She was happy to see her name mentioned. The fire alarm you heard was a false alarm. In the event of an actual fire emergency please know that the hotel has plans in place to manage an evacuation.

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Love... Love... Love....we arrived at 5am to make reservation, we had an appointment in Tampa and were switching hotels to be closer to downtown. The front desk person was friendly. We arrived at 12 and they let us check in. The parking fee is expensive but we paid it because we really didnt want to find our own parking. All the gentlemen working the valet area were polite and friendly. Our room was on the 4th floor. We wanted a low floor and was warned by the front desk lady that there would only be a view of the roof. She was right. The view was of the roof and it was noisy too because of the machinery. We cant complain though because she warned us. The room was awesome!! It was spacious and clean. The bed was so comfortable!! My husband said when we walked into the room, "this is probably one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed at". The concierge was helpful and was able to get us a cab to our appointment. The Champions bar was ok. The food was less than good but not bad. We ate it. The fire alarm did go off at around midnight. We walked down the stairs with a bunch of other people. Some people with small sleeping children in their arms. I know this is for our safety but I think the whole thing was handled inappropriately. The fire truck did arrive and people were standing outside on the sidewalk and there was no hotel personnel directing people or giving out information. When it was time to go in after they discovered it was a malfunction and not a fire, no one from the hotel told the people on the side walk it was safe to go back in. We ventured back in on our own. Since we were awake, we checked out because we live only 3 hours away. We drove home. They hotel did not charge us for our stay due to the fire alarm. We would stay here again! Oh a side note.... Its really in a beautiful area and within walking distance of the convention center and forum.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Julia S

Thank you for your recent posting. I would like to apologize for what you experienced with the fire alarm. It was not handled appropriately and has been addressed. Thank you for your feedback and willingness to stay with us again.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The front desk staff were very professional & friendly and check in went quick & easy. The room was immaculate clean and the view of the Tampa bay was gorgeous. Request a room with bay view on a high floor (20th floor or above). If you can get a balcony even better. The best rooms are located at the end of the hall. Expect the standard Marriott soft mattress & very good linens. Standard pillows are very soft so if you like more support request it.
The hotel is located very close to downtown in a canal but it feels more like a residential area: very quite. The Channelside area is 10 minutes walking distance, where there are some restaurants, clubs and the Florida Aquarium. There is a good restaurant one block away from the hotel, "Jackson's" where you can dine outdoors with a good view of the bay.
The hotel offers a standard buffet breakfast & a regular menu on the main restaurant, which we used daily since we were staying inside the hotel for a convention during 5 days. The only day we went out we visited Ybor City, where we ate at The Columbia, and then we went clubbing until 2 am.... great party town!
Valet parking is mandatory ($22 day). The guys are very friendly and try to do their job quickly but it can take a while if the motor area is congested.
The pool area is very good. There is a bar, plenty of chaise lounges and a very small hot tub. If you want to order food in the pool look for the telephone were room service will bring anything right to your chair! I used it twice and it was quick!
There are plenty of elevators, 6 in total, but they are always busy so they can take a while until you get one.
There is a Starbucks inside the lobby, and a "Champions" restaurant that opens until very late.
I highly recommend this property because the service, the rooms and the location were excellent. The little flaws (extra waiting for the elevator or few choices of restaurants) were easy overcome for the good quality expected on a Marriott hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room with bay view on a high floor (20th floor or above). If you can get a balcony even better. The best rooms are located at the end of the hall.