3,123 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungeconvention centerchampions sports barjoyce williamsbalcony roomamalie arenawater viewbeautiful hotelthe river walkvalet parkingybor citylobby barcity viewhockey gamebeautiful lobbytrolley stoprooftop pool
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed 3 nights while attending a convention. It's a beautiful location on Tampa Bay directly across from the convention center and main TECO Trolley stop. The staff were very attentive, especially the concierge (Robin), who booked a nice variety of dinner reservations for us and arranged to have a fridge brought up to our room. The room's existing fridge/minibar had supposedly been converted to just maintain 50 degrees, but I don't think it did anything and should just be removed or go back to regular fridges in the rooms. Parking is expensive ($22/day) via valet in a secured lot across the street. We just left it there for the duration of our stay. There is a very nice outdoor pool on the 3rd floor. Daily wifi is expensive ($15) but was comp'd as part of our convention registration. My husband slept through the fire alarm Friday night around midnight, which must have been a false alarm, but I wonder how the hotel would have managed an evacuation if it was necessary?

Room Tip: Our room on the 7th floor had a fine view of the Embassy Suites across the street, the TECO Trolley stop, and the Convention Center. I didn't ask what a water view upgrade would have cost.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Bill H, Resident Manager at Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for recent posting and for your kind words about Robin. She was happy to see her name mentioned. The fire alarm you heard was a false alarm. In the event of an actual fire emergency please know that the hotel has plans in place to manage an evacuation.

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Love... Love... Love....we arrived at 5am to make reservation, we had an appointment in Tampa and were switching hotels to be closer to downtown. The front desk person was friendly. We arrived at 12 and they let us check in. The parking fee is expensive but we paid it because we really didnt want to find our own parking. All the gentlemen working the valet area were polite and friendly. Our room was on the 4th floor. We wanted a low floor and was warned by the front desk lady that there would only be a view of the roof. She was right. The view was of the roof and it was noisy too because of the machinery. We cant complain though because she warned us. The room was awesome!! It was spacious and clean. The bed was so comfortable!! My husband said when we walked into the room, "this is probably one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed at". The concierge was helpful and was able to get us a cab to our appointment. The Champions bar was ok. The food was less than good but not bad. We ate it. The fire alarm did go off at around midnight. We walked down the stairs with a bunch of other people. Some people with small sleeping children in their arms. I know this is for our safety but I think the whole thing was handled inappropriately. The fire truck did arrive and people were standing outside on the sidewalk and there was no hotel personnel directing people or giving out information. When it was time to go in after they discovered it was a malfunction and not a fire, no one from the hotel told the people on the side walk it was safe to go back in. We ventured back in on our own. Since we were awake, we checked out because we live only 3 hours away. We drove home. They hotel did not charge us for our stay due to the fire alarm. We would stay here again! Oh a side note.... Its really in a beautiful area and within walking distance of the convention center and forum.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Julia S

Thank you for your recent posting. I would like to apologize for what you experienced with the fire alarm. It was not handled appropriately and has been addressed. Thank you for your feedback and willingness to stay with us again.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The front desk staff were very professional & friendly and check in went quick & easy. The room was immaculate clean and the view of the Tampa bay was gorgeous. Request a room with bay view on a high floor (20th floor or above). If you can get a balcony even better. The best rooms are located at the end of the hall. Expect the standard Marriott soft mattress & very good linens. Standard pillows are very soft so if you like more support request it.
The hotel is located very close to downtown in a canal but it feels more like a residential area: very quite. The Channelside area is 10 minutes walking distance, where there are some restaurants, clubs and the Florida Aquarium. There is a good restaurant one block away from the hotel, "Jackson's" where you can dine outdoors with a good view of the bay.
The hotel offers a standard buffet breakfast & a regular menu on the main restaurant, which we used daily since we were staying inside the hotel for a convention during 5 days. The only day we went out we visited Ybor City, where we ate at The Columbia, and then we went clubbing until 2 am.... great party town!
Valet parking is mandatory ($22 day). The guys are very friendly and try to do their job quickly but it can take a while if the motor area is congested.
The pool area is very good. There is a bar, plenty of chaise lounges and a very small hot tub. If you want to order food in the pool look for the telephone were room service will bring anything right to your chair! I used it twice and it was quick!
There are plenty of elevators, 6 in total, but they are always busy so they can take a while until you get one.
There is a Starbucks inside the lobby, and a "Champions" restaurant that opens until very late.
I highly recommend this property because the service, the rooms and the location were excellent. The little flaws (extra waiting for the elevator or few choices of restaurants) were easy overcome for the good quality expected on a Marriott hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room with bay view on a high floor (20th floor or above). If you can get a balcony even better. The best rooms are located at the end of the hall.
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed seven days. Excellent hotel and beautiful location. My only annoyance was the lack of restaurants in the convention center area. The hotel has a couple of places but it was really limited. Housekeeping is excellent, Bernice took care of my room and did an excellent job. The front desk staff were very helpful and attentive. Gave me a good route to go run (Bayshore blvd). Great stay.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for your recent posting, Bernice was excited to see her name. On a personal note, I run that same route a couple of times per week. We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I found the Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel to be a first class hotel. The hotel staff was incredibly professional, friendly and helpful at every turn. My room was immaculate and incredibly well maintained and up to date. I also used the Fitness Center daily and found it to have a wide variety of equipment for a great workout. Better than most hotels I have been to. If you are going to stay in Tampa... especially if you are going to be at the Convention Center... the Marriott Waterside is a great place to stay.

The only negative is that the hotel restaurants... and all restaurants in the area are fairly pricey. Expect to pay close to $20 bucks a meal if you eat in the general vicinity of the hotel. But this would not keep me from staying there. I highly recommend the hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent posting and for your kind words about the hotel. We look forward to one day seeing you again.