“Our First Time Was a Great Time!”

Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina
Ranked #19 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Omaha, Nebraska
“Our First Time Was a Great Time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

We were fortunate to be booked at the Marriott Waterside in Tampa for a national business convention early this month. Never having traveled to Tampa left us at the mercy of the fine people at the Marriott Waterside, turns out we were in excellent hands! The location of the hotel was perfect for attending events at the Tampa Convention Center and for exploring the harbor area. The hotel did an excellent job of managing the hundreds of people attending our meeting and they provided some of the best customer service we have ever experienced. Every department from the restaurant, pool area, fitness center, housekeeping and front desk staff demonstrated great training they received and above-average efforts each of the 4 days we stayed there!

Room Tip: The water front views are great, the higher floors let you see all the way across the harbor for mil...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (829)
  • Turkish first
Lincoln, NE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

I just wrapped up a week long conference at this hotel. We had numerous receptions and hospitality events on site. Without fail the staff were very professional and courteous. Nice job Marriott! I would recommend this hotel in a second for your next event.

New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

I rarely write a poor review and am so critical of others that do. This will appear to be too detailed and is written primarily for other platinum elite members who will understand. There is a service level you learn to expect and when it fails to deliver it is definitely noteworthy. The GOOD: location, location, location. Walking distance to beautiful riverfront area. Live music within earshot of your balcony nightly. The POOL with self service ice by the bar and plentiful pool towels and chairs. Conscientious and pleasant staff who follow up on requests even when not fulfilled. Their heart is in the place so an A for effort. The BAD: one bath towel per person in room even when asking for extra towels. NO weekend coffee options other than make it your own in the room. When we called for coffee through room service they simply brought us more packets and empty plastic cups so we could make it ourselves. No concierge club on weekends. Thunderous Loud noise of cigarette boats in harbor. When our wine and cheese-crackers welcome amenity was brought up they brought just ONE wine glass for the two of us. Turn down was an abrupt knock at the door and a hand extended with a greasy cookie in a paper wrapper. (Hence the lack of towels issue). Valet service is Painfully slow and inefficient. Call with plenty of notice to retrieve your car. Again. The location makes this a great place to stay. Just understand what to expect and you will be fine.

2 Thank RubySlippers123
Bill H, Resident Manager at Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for your recent feedback and for your kind words regarding certain aspects of your stay. I would like to apologize for what you experienced and reassure you that I have shared this feedback with the appropriate individuals so these service failures can be addressed. Should your travels bring you to Tampa in the future, please contact me directly so I can ensure your stay is flawless. Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and for the opportunity to improve on our services.
Portola Valley, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Looked like it was primarily a conference hotel. Room was a bit pricey - basic but adequate . Breakfast was good. Staff very friendly. Just across the street from Tampa Times Forum and Convention Center. Trolley in front of hotel will get you to Aquarium and some shopping nearby.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Great location next to Tampa Times Forum and across the street from the convention center.

Great Sports bar and restaurants onsite and the staff was very friendly.

Valet parking is quick and allows unlimited in and out service.

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Came here this past July to take my Bar exam (very important test for my career). But here is why my I rate themn as horrible:
1. I was lied to about valet parking prices. I was told a cheaper price via phone and paid double when I showed up.
2. I had spiders in my room and on my bed. I also incurred a spider bite. I was told that there was only 1 house keeping staff person working that night so I went a long time before my sheets were changed.
3. Breakfast Room service order came in late on the day of my test, even with my order put in the night before
4. Ate lunch at the hotel and was not warned via sign or message that there were nuts in the dishes. I am highly allergic to pine nuts and inurred a severe allergic reaction to the dishes I ate
5. The staff was a bit unproffessional especially when it came to my issues.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank StephanieJD
Bill H, Resident Manager at Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for your recent posting on TripAdvisor and for taking the time to speak with me on the telephone. I would like to apologize for what you experienced, and reassure you that the issues have been addressed. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to improve on our services.
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights for a conference. Paid 800 after taxes.(used some marriott points too) What did I get? Very clean, comfortable small room next to ice machine. What didn't I get? Sleep! I could not hear the ice machine but the doors slammed every time someone went to get ice all night long....put some soft stops on these doors please! They charge 14 for Internet and when I asked they agreed to 7.... Ridiculous when you are already paying so much for room.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank cfmac
Thank you for your recent feedback and for your kind words regarding our cleanliness and comfort of our rooms. I would like to apologize for what you experienced with the ice machine room and would like to assure you that we have corrected the problem. Should your travels bring you to Tampa in the future, please know that we offer complimentary Internet in the lobby. We appreciate your business and the opportunity to improve on our services.