“Excellent choice for business travelers”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa Westshore Airport
Ranked #68 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I had a business meeting in Tampa, and we held our meeting/class at the SpringHill Suites facility. The Guavaween Conference room was perfect for our meeting, and everyone on the staff was so helpful. Sandi was our primary representative, and she helped us prepare the room so that it would be perfect for the meeting. I also really liked staying in room 226, because I was just up one flight of stairs, a short walk to the room. Overall, I was very satisfied with the stay, and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend AAU Basketball Tournament with my wife and a boys basketball team and coaches. The staff was wonderful and very accommodating to the team as well as our family. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. Complimentary breakfast was very good and again the staff provided excellent service. There are many places to dine in the area and Tampa Int airport is close by. I would highly recommend this location if you are looking for a place to stay in the area.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed here overnight before an early flight. The hotel has nice, large rooms, and the price was reasonable for what you received. The shuttle was reliable, and there are food options near the hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This SpringHill Suites is conveniently located just off of I-275 and is within minutes of the Tampa airport and the International Plaza. There is plenty of dining and shopping options nearby. We chose this location because it was central to the Tropicana Stadium, Busch Gardens, and the Aquarium, which were all on our vacation itinerary. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. The bed had about six pillows, some plush and some firm for different preferences. The rooms in this hotel were smaller than those of other SpringHill Suites that I have stayed in. There were two sinks, both outside of the toilet and shower area, which made it a little easier for two people to get ready at the same time. Another reason we chose this location was because of its continental breakfast. They had a good selection of food - hot biscuits and gravy, eggs, pastries, fruit, oatmeal, cereal, and juice. I would definitely stay in this hotel and in other SpringHill Suites again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have been a long stay guest at this location and have found the overall experience to be very good.
There have been one or two occasions when the hotel has been full to capacity with what seemed (to me!) like screaming out of control hordes but the staff appear to have handled it all extremely well with calm and efficiency rather than the shrug of the shoulders, or passing it to someone else that I have experienced in other places.
I tend not to have breakfast (it is free here) but when I did I found it more than adequate.
The accommodation is not exactly recently refurbished but I have no complaints whatsoever about it and the spaciousness of the suites is an amazing bonus when compared to other similar establishments. I see staff maintaining and keeping clean the communal areas pretty much all the time. Security is good, which made me feel safe and car parking and internet are both free. There is a laundry room as well, which did make longer stays easier.
On the whole most staff respond quickly to any complaints (and I had very few).
I would recommend it to anyone and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a long weekend - family of five. (3 adults, one 13 yo boy, and a 2 1/2 yo toddler). The room was spacious enough for us all and my nephew liked having the sofa bed for himself. Breakfast was free and workable (although the scrambled egg 'pellets' were pretty awful) - there was cereal, bagels and muffins, yogurt and fruit. The location was terrific - central to just about everything we wanted to do. The pool was a little dirty at times, but the water was super warm and felt great. There were multiple teams (softball/basketball) of 10ish year old girls staying there at the same time as us, so at times it felt pretty chaotic in the lobby and pool areas, but our room/hall was pretty quiet. The room itself was clean but the hallways could have used some extra care. The room did show some signs of wear, but nothing we couldn't live with. Pros - two TVs in the room (so my nephew could watch before bed but we could still go to sleep), location, being able to sleep 5 'legally' in one room, kitchenette with mini-fridge, microwave and sink, free parking and breakfast. Cons - hard beds (though that's just a preference thing), few hangers in the closets, maid service kept leaving 4 sets of towels i/o 5 (despite there obviously being 5 people there), egg 'pellets' i/o actual eggs. Overall, decent value for the money. I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 26, 2013

They handled a full contingent of girls' basketball teams very nicely. Hotel was jammed and staff wnt out of their way to help out in any way.. Breakfast had a nice selection of cold cereals, oatmeal, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, yogurt, bananas, etc. Rooms are suites with pullout sofa in living area ( no curtain or wall.--just one large room) and small refrigerator and microwave. Location is less than a mile from major mall, with many restaurants
And shops.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Travelers also viewed these Tampa hotels
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Westshore/Airport
TownePlace Suites Tampa Westshore/Airport
Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport
Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore
Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Airport/Westshore

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa Westshore Airport? Share your experiences!