“Poor Customer Service”

Ranked #63 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Jacksonville, Florida
“Poor Customer Service”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Customer service are rude and really bad. Please stay somewhere else if you want to be treated with respect and dignity. The manager was no help either. Basically, the room key did not work and I was stuck outside my room, tired, and sleep-deprived. Missed important phone calls because my phone was locked in my room. Ruined my weekend. Without a single apology or care.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Donna R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here before going on a cruise out of the port of Tampa. They had a free airport shuttle that picked us up quickly after we called. The hotel was clean and well kept. The breakfast was good. My only suggestion for improvement is to put ketchup and salt and pepper on every table. Sharing one bottle and one set of salt and pepper shakers for the whole room is a bit ridiculous.
The hotel is right around the corner from a big mall. Great if you forgot something. They have a shuttle to the port that was only twenty total for our group of four. We will stay here again for sure if we cruise out of Tampa

• Stayed January 2013
Newtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I must admit that I was a little reluctant to book here, but was pleased with the room and the accomodations. The room was very clean, included two double beds, two TVs, sitting area, and a small area with refrigerator and microwave. Bathroom and shower were very nice. The room was more quiet than expected, being so close to the airport. The breakfast was adequate; mostly continental items. We were there on a Saturday morning and it was VERY crowded. Seemed to be a combination of cruise ship passengers and those in for Gasparilla. It was a bit further from downtown area than I would have liked (traffic in Tampa can be bad) but I also liked the self park at no charge. I would definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stay here often for various reasons. It is close to downtown Tampa when I have to work a couple of days in a row and don't want to do the commute. The breakfast is very good and included as compared to the nearby Courtyard which requires you to pay for it. The rooms are a studio setup with a microwave and little fridge. I would rather have that set up and have my dinner delivered from local restaurants or microwaving a meal while keeping my drinks cold. I enjoy watching the TV from the sofa. The only drawback is the price increases during "season". But, it happens in most hotels in the Tampa area anyways.

Room Tip: The most quiet rooms are on the back, east side.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

My family was impressed with the rooms here ....my dad couldn't believe we had a room with two TVs -lol ...the rooms are very clean and spacious we had 4 people and didn't feel cramped at all ...Tampa entertainment is just a short distance - we accomplished all we wanted in our short weekend. Breakfast was delicious - the staff was there if anything was needed.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank SJNoodles
Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is an excellent choice of hotels in Tampa downtown, very close to the Tampa airport (it took barely 3 minutes), with close shopping centers and some restaurants. The rooms are gorgeous--newly updated and remodeled. The soft, high thread-count sheets on the comfy beds make you want to stay in bed for a while. The bathroom was very fancy, with a nice, large shower head. There is a big, expanded couch in the sitting area, a great desk, and a bar area.

Even if you live in the surrounding Tampa suburbs, if you are coming downtown for an event and don't want to drive home for the night, get a room here. It will be a luxurious room for a night away from home.

The morning front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful to us.

We could not have asked for a nicer hotel. In fact, this is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. We highly recommend it. Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tampa
Reviewed December 17, 2012

While the location is certainly convenient, I wouldn't stay at this property or recommend it again. The front desk person wasn't very friendly and was too preoccupied with her cell phone and seemed put out that I needed to check in.The room wasn't clean and and needed work. Additional questions to the front desk didn't go any better. The hotel didn't seem to have very high occupancy and I dealt with more than one person at the front desk. Given all the other choices in the area I would stay elsewhere. I just didn't find that it lived up to Marriott standards.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends